Sign in to follow this  
Menrva

Colonel Tom Moore celebrates his 100th birthday

I'm a day late, his birthday was yesterday, but I wanted to post this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52472132

This man is an inspiration to younger generations. His will is extraordinary. He's done so much for his community and nation at a ripe old age. His service during WW2 was not enough in his eyes. He pushed himself to new limits, and proved to the world that the elder are an important part of our communities.

I admire him so much, as much as I despise those who believe that losing an entire generation of elders due to coronavirus is acceptable losses. People like him devoted their lives to give us a better world, free from the chains of brutal nazi fascism. They deserve better respect from all of us. They also constitute a memory we must never forget, of the darkest days of Europe. And how from that darkness, their courage and service brought a beacon of light to show us the way.

Happy birthday, Colonel!

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One of the few good things to have happened since this COVID thing blew up.

• Like 1