So, merging. What's the protocol? What's the SP? What's the word on the street?

Hypothetical set-up: You have SF2 and SF2NA. So now you can fly the F-100 Super Sabre in either version. Because all your scenery and all your aircraft can be accessed from either SF2 or SF2NA. So which version do you choose to fly in? Is there any  issue that would make a player choose one over the other?

The question arises, because if hypothetically I mod the Super Sabre in "user/etc/etc/ SF2/etc" with some furry dice in the cockpit window, then that mod only shows up in SF2; it does not show up in SF2NA. So presumably, you would have to put every mod in every version of the game you have merged. Unless of course, the insider info from you vets suggests otherwise.

Grazie

I use SF2: Europe as my main game to mod. Since I have the Complete I have the full 5-merged game at hand. But it doesn't matter that I use Europe as I can use all the aircraft and ships from NA or Vietnam, Israel, or the base SF2 game. I think it's just a matter of preference for which executable you use and doesn't really affect you as you have full access to the maps as well from the other game or games.

just think of each exe as it's own game, BUT with everything available from all others. Each mods folder is a seprete game sort of. But because each exe (SF2, SF2NA, SF2JoeMamma, etc) has access to the same core files each and every mods folder will have the totality of all within itself.

Now, if one wishes to pare it down; say removing USAF, USN and RAF/FAA aircraft from SF2I so they don't bother you when flying Arab Isreali wars, you can simply delete those aircraft folder. Just like we do for the various WW2 mods folders. However ... the odds of unwanted visitors are lessened by the aircraft user list and the terrains' linted nation list (only allowed nations are ....)

As to the merging question:

it's automatic. You can't do anything about it. All 5 games (7 with the expansion packs) are merged as soon as you run the install exe.

Thanks too, Wrench, you just popped in as I was thanking Eric. I can see the advantage of dumping specific aircraft from Israel or Vietnam.

I go for SF2NA on account of the carriers in single missions. So I can fly your Libya and Desert 4 from carriers. That's good enough for me to stay that course.

Okay, I'm good to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alexis99 said:

Thanks, Eric, I was hoping this would be the answer.

No problem.

• Like 1