Sign in to follow this  
arsenalegy

EAW error (0xc0000142)

i tried to play EAW in My laptop win 7 and Invidia G force and got his error

the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). click ok to close the application

but  in my friend pc having win 7 and works fine

anybody could help me please

The most comprehensive website for advice regarding EAW is SimHQ. There are one or two people there who have just about seen it all and might recognise the error. I run the game on a desktop pc in Windows 7, through DgVoodoo2. Perhaps it might be worth a try.

Anyone know what this could be?

This is a Windows Error and not a EAW Error.
I had the .....142 this error once but I just can't remember what I did to fix it. :( I don't remember placing any notes on my site either, Ill have to look again. (Nope no notes).
Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce this error myself, so I can't find a fix for it.

I'm thinking he needs to run it in Admin level. By right clicking the the eaw.exe and selecting "Run as Administrator". But I'm un certain.
I found that Running as Admin when logged in as an Admin can complicate problematic issues with EAW.

To correct this Windows error, Perhaps remove EAW from the location on your HD and clean out the registry with CCleaner (this removes the EAW Windows made entryies that cause problems).
Then replace EAW and run it directly from the eaw.exe by clicking on it.

Otherwise the Original Poster needs to provide more details and information.

Edited by MarkEAW
Wrong Info?
  • Like 1