Sign in to follow this  
Trotski

Cockpit for UH-1H gunship

Ok, someone out there in the CA wide community, surely must be able to make me a pit with a gunsight, that works on the UH-1H .I know it isn't just as simple as taking an existing pit, and modifying it, but it has been done for the UH-1B gunship, by Kesselbrut, even though that pit does look very similar to the YAP ones . So please, can someone give a brother a hand here please ? I have the aircraft ready to rock n' roll, but I have no way of aiming guns or rocket pods.....So it would be much appreciated if someone can do this pit, it will after all be for the good of the community.

Sorry to post this subject again, however I do feel that someone with the modding skill could knock one up for me......Cheers. :drinks:

Don't all answer at once....sheesh :stars:

Hey man, I just wanted to send a quick message as I felt bad that no one replied! Unfortunately, I can't help as I have zero modding skills which is why I'm so grateful to all of you modders out there!!! However, I wanted to say that I've really enjoyed 'flying' your Huey in the game, can't wait for the gunship version and really keeping fingers crossed that a solution can be found. Personally, I'd just be happy with a set of crosshairs on the windshield of the standard cockpit. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Cheers diude , croshairs wont cut it I'm afraid, particularly when there is a cockpit for the B model Huey with the appropriate sights, so it is definitely doable . Unfortunately I dont do any 3d modelling, as I refuse to pay crazy money for a programme such as 3DMAX ....which is very very expensive . I will keep trying to get someone on board to do this, all the work on the aircraft is done bar testing, which is almost impossible using "Kentucky windage method " 

3d max file of that particular cockpit (H) does not exist anymore. So it is impossible to add 'sight' into the model.  There is another D model pit (more detailed and correct), but it is not uploaded / available for now. 

hmmm  interesting ,any news on when it may be released ? and will it fit on the H model ? I was hoping you would say something mate.

I am fully aware that it isnt a matter of editing an existing pit, as I know that Lods once written are sealed , and that it would involve a new pit complete, I wish I had the skills and the means, unfortunately though..........................

Edited by trotski00

1 hour ago, trotski00 said:

will it fit on the H model ?

It will at some point. But D model cockpit is made only for D model Huey. D model is somehow built/linked in 3dmax a little different. and due to construction and placement works well only with the said D model. Yet still, there is no gunsight there and no plans for it. 

https://strikechoppers.wordpress.com/#jp-carousel-1298

I simply do not have time for this now. Either release or edit the cockpi or make new H cockpit.

Edited by yakarov79

2 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

edit the cockpi or make new H cockpit

me ?....I dont have the know how to edit the darn thing, hence my scream for help lol lol lol

I mean I do not have time now for any work on new, editing old, or even releasing that existing cockpit. 

lol....no problem matey !! any idea anyone else who MAY be able to ?........I really could do with this bloody thing, it's so frustrating not having the ability to do modding myself, mind you I think I enjoy skinning more.