Sign in to follow this  
crl848

@Fubar512: Uber AI

Fubar,

Thanks to your mod I have had much more fun in the last few months flying A/A, but I'm afraid I'm getting bored again. Specifically, I feel unchallenged when the AI fly about straight and level, or bug out after one or two turns and allow themselves to be shot down. I have adapted your mod a bit by pasting the expert settings into all the other AI types, but this still happens.

I saw you mention an insane edition of the mod a few months back - any chance of posting? Will this help?

Also, FYI the ver 1.5 of the mod gets rid of the landing gear touch sound for me. The aircraftobject.ini references a sound called "Touchdown" which I don't have. This drove me crazy for a while till I worked out what was going on and changed it back to "TireTouch" as it should be. I don't know whether this is a mistake in the 1.5 version (the original was OK), or whether you use a different sound, but you may want to change it back to the default to avoid this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Fubar,

Thanks to your mod I have had much more fun in the last few months flying A/A, but I'm afraid I'm getting bored again. Specifically, I feel unchallenged when the AI fly about straight and level, or bug out after one or two turns and allow themselves to be shot down. I have adapted your mod a bit by pasting the expert settings into all the other AI types, but this still happens.

That's because those edits only apply to the "Dogfight" AI at present, although they do have some effect on how an AI that's in "Navigation" mode (note, that's my name for it) takes off, lands, maintains formation speed, etc. Once they are out of Dogfight mode, they revert back to navigation mode, and for all intents and purposes, go deaf. dumb, and blind.

I saw you mention an insane edition of the mod a few months back - any chance of posting? Will this help?

The "insane" Uber AI was simply "promoting" all the lower-ranked Dogfight AI's to veteran, so you were always dealing with an opponent who was capable of fighting in the vertical, had eyes on the back of his head, etc.:grin:

Also, FYI the ver 1.5 of the mod gets rid of the landing gear touch sound for me. The aircraftobject.ini references a sound called "Touchdown" which I don't have. This drove me crazy for a while till I worked out what was going on and changed it back to "TireTouch" as it should be. I don't know whether this is a mistake in the 1.5 version (the original was OK), or whether you use a different sound, but you may want to change it back to the default to avoid this problem.

That's because it was once part of a sound pack that featured an alternate sound effect, and I did not proof read the separate file.....sorry. I am, at present, using a different tiretouch sound, which I believe may have shipped with the F-15/C/D/E. Please note that the "landing sound name" can be individualized to any aircraft you wish.

Fubar,

Thanks for the info. Looks like I've already created my own Insane Edition! Also thanks for the good work.

crl848