Sign in to follow this  
VFC_Baxter

Random Deaths?

Probably a bit off topic but last Tuesday my pals and I flew a 4 vs 4 dogfight mission in Wings of Glory. Each of us had 2 planes of the same type. I flew 2 Camels, another 2 Siemens Schukerts D.III's, another Fokker Dr1's and my friend 2 Sopwith Snipes. My planes were both downed first (when I drew successive explosion damage cards), next to go were both of the Siemens, then both DR1's were shot down leaving victory to the Sopwith Snipes. I know the best planes went to the most experienced in real life, but I wondered if this was the case that sometimes the best planes were also downed first irrespective of quality of machine or pilot.

War is random, doesn't matter how experienced, or good you are , eventually yer toast !! Richthhofen, a prime example, many factors also contribute to the outcome of a fight, technical problems, just having a shitty day, terrible hangover from that knees up in the mess last night, battle fatigue, overworked and under payed mechanics, bloody infantry taking pot shots at any aircraft that is unfortunate enough to fly over them ...Richthofen !! Yes of course if you have a superior machine, then you have an edge, as long as you go into the fight with a tactical advantage, if you get bounced by Snoopy in his dog house though whilst you are pootling around in the clouds minding your own business , then chances are you are buggered. So, the answer to your question is a resounding yup !!! :lol: 

• Like 1

My view is pilot skill... often, a highly skilled pilot in an inferior aeroplane would beat an inferior pilot in a superior aeroplane.

But then factor in just plain bad luck and anything could happen :ok: