19 hours ago, Polovski said:

You can edit the default view in WOFF itself, see section 68 of the WOFF BH&H II FAQ pdf document on Support page on our home website.

https://www.overflandersfields.com/support.html

Amazing! Thank you. I’ll try this out tonight.

Ive put the word around the WW1 sim community about working VR. A number of ppl have messaged saying this was what was holding them back from buying WoFF. Hopefully you’ll see several new orders off the back of this. I think it would be worth you adding a mention of VorpX VR compatibility in the documentation. For many this is a game changer.

Dutch - those new ppl would benefit from a full tutorial video. 

3 hours ago, Waggaz said:

Amazing! Thank you. I’ll try this out tonight.

Ive put the word around the WW1 sim community about working VR. A number of ppl have messaged saying this was what was holding them back from buying WoFF. Hopefully you’ll see several new orders off the back of this. I think it would be worth you adding a mention of VorpX VR compatibility in the documentation. For many this is a game changer.

Dutch - those new ppl would benefit from a full tutorial video. 

Did you have problems with the trees that are blinking? 

3 hours ago, Dutch_P47M said:

Did you have problems with the trees that are blinking? 

Nope but I’m not using any of the enhanced settings. I’m still trying to work out how to move the default position back it’s not purely a zoom issue, it’s more like camera position. The best I can do is reset the TrackIR whilst moved far forward 

On 13/01/2024 at 8:38 PM, Polovski said:

You can edit the default view in WOFF itself, see section 68 of the WOFF BH&H II FAQ pdf document on Support page on our home website.

https://www.overflandersfields.com/support.html

Is there a way to physically place the main 1st person camera further back in the cockpit? At max zoom out it is still not far back enough. I can make it better by cheesing the TrackIR recenter by moving up close to my screen and centering; when I sit back the default camera view has moved back too.

There are View Controls in the key mapping found in the Workshop.  To move back in the cockpit I think it is Control + Enter.  There are key assignments to move your view however you want in there.

Beard

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Burning Beard said:

There are View Controls in the key mapping found in the Workshop.  To move back in the cockpit I think it is Control + Enter.  There are key assignments to move your view however you want in there.

Beard

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but that doesnt seem to work when TrackIR or the VorpX TrackIR emulation is running

I tried it on mine after I posted this and it looks like TracIR (or at least its drivers) override the workshop settings.

Beard

• Thanks 1

To make the view further back would normally need a model edit.  It has a fixed place for the eyes.

You may be able to edit the aircraft xdp near the top are the viewing angles, but I don't know if there's a setting you can add to that to offset the eyepoint  not really seen anything to suggest that.

Edited by Polovski
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2024 at 11:55 PM, Waggaz said:

Nope but I’m not using any of the enhanced settings. I’m still trying to work out how to move the default position back it’s not purely a zoom issue, it’s more like camera position. The best I can do is reset the TrackIR whilst moved far forward 

@Waggaz could you publish your Nvidia overall and CFS.exe game specific settings. Still having the blinking halo effect around the trees, think I must have one adjustment that’s conflicting. 

17 hours ago, Dutch_P47M said:

@Waggaz could you publish your Nvidia overall and CFS.exe game specific settings. Still having the blinking halo effect around the trees, think I must have one adjustment that’s conflicting. 

Are you on Discord? I’ll send this through on a PM

I do have discord for following a few games, but do not know how to contact. 

While I’m waiting for @Waggaz screenshots of Nvidia CP, I have been tweaking the CP to what is now acceptable. I have reduced the shimmer and the moving leaves of the trees still exist, but I think it’s a great base to tweak further, only now not stationary at the field comparing the eye candy, but FPS optimization at a benchmarking flight. 

16 hours ago, Dutch_P47M said:

While I’m waiting for @Waggaz screenshots of Nvidia CP, I have been tweaking the CP to what is now acceptable. I have reduced the shimmer and the moving leaves of the trees still exist, but I think it’s a great base to tweak further, only now not stationary at the field comparing the eye candy, but FPS optimization at a benchmarking flight. 

Have sent you a PM. Am keen to understand your settings too, particularly the VorpX in-game settings to get the best field of view without needing a black border

On 1/15/2024 at 12:18 AM, Waggaz said:

Is there a way to physically place the main 1st person camera further back in the cockpit? At max zoom out it is still not far back enough. I can make it better by cheesing the TrackIR recenter by moving up close to my screen and centering; when I sit back the default camera view has moved back too.

Did get this for seat position https://combatace.com/forums/topic/98084-changed-pilot-seat-position-and-crosshair-view/?tab=comments#comment-803461

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4522313/Searchpage/3/Main/423634/Words/%2Bcockpit+%2Bview/Search/true/re-pilot-seat-position#Post4522313

I will try to post my nVidia control panel setting tomorrow, if I’m not getting disturbed by my wife ideas on how to spend the weekends. :cool:  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Waggaz  promised to @Gecko  from the SimHQ forum, I have installed Reshade VR mod and trying to run WoFF into VR mode by using this software. It’s not the easiest way in comparison to VorpX, still no VR,  but I do hope using Reshade can upgrade the eye-candy. 

@Gecko  I do hope the right guy, how is the shaders upgrade project going on, can it be used in WoFF?  https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4640618/improved-cfs3-shaders-wip#Post4640618

Have patience please, as I have a limited of spare time and I’m an noob when it becomes to software technology. 

Edited by Dutch_P47M

Did do the test, Reshade VR with Depth3D. Even did buy Steam VR desktop software but this Reshade road is going nowhere. This combination is only bring the flatscreen to you Headset. That movie screen effect is a bit annoying, it’s not real VR as you noticed in real VR flysims. 
I did try every combination like SteamVR or OpenXRToolkit. Did buy additional software besides VorpX, the Steam virtual desktop software. Tweaking lot of adjustments but I can not find the right and perfect settings. 
Right now VorpX is the best way for WoFF-VR, it is playable, only I know most VorpX users will still be very disappointed that the screen quality has a lot of problems caused by shimmering, blinking tree leaves and other graphical artifacts. 
Meantime I had contact to another YouTuber that had more a less the same problem, what you see on Youtube is btw not the VR Headset screen but the MEGA BETTER monitor screen. 

Maybe for the next Woff upgrade the shift to DX11 or 12 could solve this, if not, I do hope the OBD could do some optimizing to the actual shaders. 

• Thanks 1

Did forget to write it down, I did also  exchanged the D3D8.DLL and did file try DX8 to DX9 wrapper from dgVoodoo, strangely I could now set in the D3D8.ini file the UseD3D9Ex= back to 1.  

Also I did disable the ingame AA like you need for SweetFX, also here no improvements.