Sign in to follow this  
NotRelevant

Night Flying?

So I’m curious. I think I’ve asked in the other forum but never really got any answers so I’m curious if anyone here might have any. 

Do any other aircraft/squadrons other than home defence  do night flying/fighting? I’m guessing Gothas do, what about the likes of FE2? I recall hearing they were used as night bombers late into the war. Not sure if that’s in the sim or not though.

I don't know if they officially do, but you can bump late afternoon flights forward a few hours to take place at night, but...it's dark!

I have noticed that during the winter (nov-dec) that fighter squadrons, especially the French, will schedule afternoon patrols for 15:45 o'clock. Well, after about 30 minutes the sun begins setting so the return to base is in the dark. And a good portion of combats occur in failing light.

The French are also the most enthusiastic about pre-dawn patrols. (in the spring iirc).

With the combination of the darkness and the SPAD's unfortunate view from the cockpit, my French pilots lose sight of the enemy much more often than when flying as German or British.

Desktop_2021_09_02_14_52_50_641.jpg

Edited by CastelEtzwane