Sign in to follow this  
alexis99

Weird aircraft ini deletion

I bought the 99 dollar full SF2 package. I have installed the 3 part Korean Air War from here.

I made some adjustments to the Meteor; new hangar and loading bmps, avionics file added. Duly wrote new information into Meteor ini file. Flew fine. Switched off computer, had lunch.

Next time, I started Korea and chose the Meteor, the ini file had reverted to how it was before I wrote in new entries.

But how is that possible? The Meteor comes with the Korea pack; it's in the unpacked Korea folder. Everything else I modify in other aircraft and write up in the appropriate ini file remains as I've left it.

Then I noticed that Wings Over Israel has the same named Meteor. So this is actually a native SF2 aircraft. And SF2 is replacing the ini file that I modified. But only on this aircraft.

Anyone else experienced this.

Anyway, I fixed it by renaming the aircraft  Meteor_RAAF

It happens, the reason 15 years ago I wrote a tutorial on "having 2 aircraft named the same" and how to keep them seperate.

hint: as you've discovered, unique names

• Thanks 1

So it does happen! First time ever for me, though. Guess I've been lucky so far.

Presumably the 100 aircraft limit hasn't transferred over from SF1, because with the full package there's an awful lot of aircraft.

over the years, this has been discussed. we suspect the limit of aircraft per mods folder may be 999. I've go one mods folder with well north of 500, and never had a problem

who was the cat that had a thread about trimming his aircraft folder? had like one folder with damn near every plane ever released? including the multiple versions (the old B-58 AND v2k's newer one for example)

he could tell us the limit..........