Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Andrew Ingraham (A.I.) pilot career

We've all heard there were parts of the war when some pilots had a lifespan of less than 2 weeks.  I decided on a lark to try an experiment and enlist a pilot - Andrew Ingraham - in RNAS 1 on 23 January 1916 and let him fly all of his own missions, from take off, patrols, fighting engagements all the way until landing just to see how long he would last and what kind of a career he would have.   He was made a Veteran pilot and you can see the workshop settings in the pic below.   After four missions and 4.02 flight hours logged, he bagged his first kill (an Eindecker).   He flies while I watch TV, etc.  Wish him luck.  He's doing his best for King and Country!

AI Pilots Log.jpg

AI Workshop2.jpg

That's a great idea.  I tried keeping a wingman alive with me flying as shotgun but they still got themselves whacked in less than 20 missions.  Interested to see how this turns out.  Their supposed to be able to learn now.

Final flight status for this weekend for Flight Sub-Lieutentant Andrew Ingraham (AI). 9 Missions flown in his Nieuport 10C for a total of 12.7 hours and 1 confirmed kill. He's off to a great start!

AI-Takeoff.jpg

AI-29Jan1916.jpg

AI-29Jan1916-2.jpg

Well, he flew every mission bravely and never showed fear in the face of the enemy. Right up until the end. 19 missions. Just shy of 30 hours and 1 confirmed kill to his name but rear gunners in an Aviatik took him out. RIP Andrew Ingraham.

AI-000.jpg

AI-001.jpg

AI-002.jpg

AI-003.jpg

AI-004.jpg

RIP Andrew.

20 missions and one kill was as good as any of the one's I babysitted with me hanging on their tail all the time.  I guess when it's your time, it's just your time.

I suggest performing the same experiment again, only this time with 'Forced Encounters' set to 'OFF'.

As I understand it, 'Forced Encounters' skews the probability of air-to-air encounters.