Sign in to follow this  
JulioJunqueira

EmlD Nieuport 24Bis E (trainer)for First Eagles 2

EmlD Nieuport 24Bis E (trainer)for First Eagles 2

EmlD Nieuport 24Bis E (trainer) "Issoudun Nieuport series" for First Eagles 2

This is the second pack for the "Issoudun Nieuport series", featuring now the Nieuport 24 Bis used by United States at Issoudun, France to train their pilots.

It's a full aircraft type, trying to represent the trainer Nieuport 24Bis used by United States.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This pack features EmlD Nieuport 24Bis that I renamed Nieuport 24Bis E (trainer).
You will find several versions for some of the planes with different colors at your choice.

** What you find in this Nieuport 24Bis Pack:

- Five (5) Nieuport 24Bis E Skins in several versions & Colors options. All used by 3rd Air Instructional Center (3rd AIC) at Issoudun France.

1- Nieuport 24Bis "Flying Fish" flown by Captain Harry S. Gwynne, commander of 33rd Aero Squadron. 
Captain Gwynne Died in airplane accident in 9 june 1918 at Issoudun, France. (Nieuport 24Bis in several versions)  

2- Nieuport 24Bis named "HELEN" flown by pilots of 101st Aero Squadron at Issoudun. (Two rudder versions) 

3- One (1) Nieuport 24Bis flown by pilots of 31st Aero Squadron.

4- Two (2) Nieuport 24Bis of unknown squadrons used by "3rd AIC" at Issoudun.

5- Geezer pilot figure new textures (US Pilot) that I painted to be used with Geezer's "wwiPilotNew3".
The LODs are adjusted to use JPG textures but I included a folder with the BMPs files for First Eagles 1 users.

You will find (4) four pilots layout options. The new texture has a "US UNIFORM" as standard layout.
To use the others with scarfs, you must to exchange the file names:

-To use the "DARK BLUE" scarf you must to rename 

OPTIONAL-DARK BLUE-Pilot And Scarf.jpg to Pilot And Scarf.jpg 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-To use the "LIGHT BLUE" scarf you must to rename 

OPTIONAL-LIGHT BLUE-Pilot And Scarf.jpg to Pilot And Scarf.jpg

-To use the "US FLAG" scarf you must to rename 

US FLAG-Pilot And Scarf.jpg to Pilot And Scarf.jpg

-To use the "US UNIFORM" you must to rename 

US UNIFORM-Pilot And Scarf.jpg to Pilot And Scarf.jpg

6- A new cockpit textures in two options (1024x1024 JPG & TGA) & (2048x2048 JPG & TGA).(Included BMP files) for First Eagles 1 users.

7- New hangar screens (several versions).

- The LODs are adjusted to use JPG textures this is only for FE2 users.

- I painted new textures for the cockpit. I drew a new "GLASS.tga" to complement all of them. The gauges & needles were made as close as possible to the real instruments.

- I'm releasing two versions: One in 1024x1024(JPG & TGA) and other in 2048x2048(JPG & TGA). 

- I set the 1024x1024(JPG & TGA) as standard for the planes. 

- I painted as well, new hangars screens for these planes. The screens are in 1920x1200 size with some options for your choice.

*OBS: If you are running a low-end computer I do not recommend the use of 2048x2048 cockpit textures.

- The aircraft will fly only reconnaissance "RECON" missions.

- This pack has two options of flight model one by peter01 and other by VonS.  

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

FE2 INSTALLATION

- Drop or copy the folder "Nieuport 24Bis E" from mine "Aircraft" folder to your "Aircraft" folder. 
- Drop or copy the folder "US Pilot" from mine "pilots" folder to your "Pilots" folder.
- Drop or copy the folder "Nieuport 24Bis E" from mine "decals" folder to your "decals" folder. 

That's all, you are ready to train at Issoudun.

Credits:

- Julio Junqueira texture skins for aircraft, pilot, cockpit and hangars.

- EmlD for the excellent Nieuport 3d models.

- Geezer for the excellent pilot 3d model (wwiPilotNew3) 

- peter01 for the excellent flight model ini file.

- vonS for the excellent flight model ini file.

- Panama Red for the excellent Nieuport 24 cockpit 3d LOD edition. 

- Thanks EmlD, Geezer, peter01, vonS and Panama Red for their fantastic work.  

- Thanks to Stephen1918 and Crawford for help with information on the Nieuport's fuel gauge. 

- special thanks to CombatAce.com hosting the files.

These textures are freeware; you are allowed to use it as you wish, but The names of all contributors listed here, must be added in any new released readmes. These textures may not in any way, be used in any payware additions. 

• Thanks 3

Agreed - nice work as I was wondering about availability of a bis variant.  I like all the options - is there a way to make the pilot's mustache optional (as in your B&W pilot photo)?

• Like 1

Hi Silberpfeil

Yes, I'm working in several options for WW1 pilots figures made by Geezer. They will be with different nationalities options, with faces of known aces
Including RNAS/RAF, French, US, Austrian-Hugarian and Italian pilots.

• Thanks 1