Sign in to follow this  
epower

WOTR Training suggestion

Finally have some time to begin exploring WOTR.  To set the mood, I've been dipping back into Geoffrey Wellum's 'First Light.'

When the time comes to create the training regime for WOTR, may I suggest Flt. Sgt. Eddy Lewis as the WOTR counterpart to Captain Triggers.

The Training scenarios are a little 'meh' as they stand, iit would be nice to see some variety in both the missions and indeed the aircraft used, it would be nice to see Farmans, especially early in the war, and maybe 504's too. a short gunnery and bombing class would be nice as well, as those were part of the curriculum in the real world.

Also it would be nice to be awarded ones Wings, and the wings be an actual award, instead of something just thrown over the desk to you.  I suppose though , in the grand scheme of the Sim, the Training is not very important, except for completionists who want to start from the bottom and work up, as I do.

trotski,

I agree that the WOFF training scenarios could use some additional immersion but given the resources available to them, I'd prefer the Devs focus on other areas. 

I've just started WOTR.  Is there a training scenario that I'm not aware of?  Given complex engine management, I'd say a training program is more important in WOTR than in WOFF.

I'm with you on the completionist/ deep dive approach.

Cheers

Although I do indeed have WOTR, I haven't yet delved into it much, so I am really not able to comment on that sim. BH&H though, I still feel the Training/Flight Schooling, needs a little more depth to it, I know its not game breaking, and actually not terribly vital, however, it certainly needs some TLC I think. 

I must apologise as well as I had misread the title of your post, and I for some reason thought it was actually to do with WOFF/BH&H rather than WOTR, so my bad, however, I still stand behind the statements I made here anyway. 

As a recent member of the radical Completionista movement I struggle only with the secret handshake. However, despite my unforgiveable (and unprintable in this medium) behaviour toward the pompous Capt. Triggers of WoFF fame, I am in full favour of a comprehensive and immersive training program in WotR. I am, of course, confidant that young Polovski has the iron will and determination to succeed in this endeavour with flying colours should he so desire. But, what of the expertise and knowledge of that Winder guy? Perhaps he is The One! Oh never mind, one hopes it shall come to pass, as all things must, one way or another.

I tend to agree, as, even though I have flown very little in WOTR up to now ( a trend that SHALL change) it would seem to me that the more complex engine and airscrew management involved, in flying a WWII era aircraft, is quite an involved process. It causes me to have even more admiration, for the young pilots, who, not only had to faff around with pitch, trim, and radiator setting, whilst keeping their heads on the swivel, avoiding being blown out of the sky, and hopefully actually manging to shoot down someone who has no desire to be shot down. how guys who only had 10 hours or less solo in Spitfires or Hurricanes, managed to survive is beyond me. The Germans had a bit of an advantage, as they had been in combat in a lot of cases in Spain, and later Poland and France, so were more experienced. But still, the same applies to the young men of the Luftwaffe as well, flying cover for bombers, with a very limited time over England, must have been rather hairy to say the least.