Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

SF2 exe and other game programs being opened by opera browser

Hi, guys. I cannot open sf2.exe or any other games or program as now everything is being opened by opera browser. i somehow accidentally changed the file extension so no sf2 e or il2.exe has the opera logo to open it. Does anyone know how to fix or get it back the way it should. Again, its the opera browser that is openeing everything. I use vista os.

How comfortable are you trying regedit?

If you search for FileExts you should come across the file type and associated programs. I am thinking you will find a .exe type tied to Opera. You could try deleting that registry key. You may need to press PF3 to find additional occurrences of FileExts.

I don't run Vista so I am not sure how to bring up a command prompt and type regedit.

If you google fileexts you will find a number of articles on the registry key and its use.

Hi, I unnstalled opera and eveyrthing works. But I use that browser to surf.

Well, that is one solution :)

When  did you start noticing the problem? Right after you installed Opera the first time or sometime after that? Did you try reinstalling Opera to see if the problem comes back?