Sign in to follow this  
lederhosen

BH2 your mods list

Salute,

I just downloaded the new version of woff. I'm a bit afraid of deleting my perfectly running and modded woff UE version.

could you guys post a pic of your up to date "Mods" folder for BH2

danke

BH&H2 Patch 1.20 (same as for my Patch 1.17 install); will not bother posting my PE/UE 4.18 mods. list (suffice it to say that it's similar and extensive :biggrin: ). Take note that "WOFFueBH2_SelectSounds" and "WOFFconsolidatedSceneryMod" are not available publicly - those are mods. to load UE-era sounds, also UE/PE/4L0M textures and terrains, into my BH&H2 install(s). Such mods. require that simmers own WOFF UE, the PE addon, also BH&H2 - see the last few pages of the "casual campaigns" thread over on SimHQ (WOFF) for representative pics of the terrain mod. and for instructions relevant to that. Also, recommended is to load any custom terrain mods. after the big package of RJW & Company's auto-consolidated and auto-supplementary airfields, objects and terrains mods. - for seamless integration of UE/PE/BH&H2 terrains and tiles.

Cheers all & happy mod. loading,

Von S :smile:

BH2_1.20_Mods_VonS.thumb.jpg.0404c5686fd84dda3e445d0ab47b169d.jpg

Edited by VonS
Edited post.

Also, a brief follow-up - if you are running any of my older "WOFF GPU Tuners" for WOFF (which are BH&H2 compatible too) - recommended then is not to run the "FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package" since, technically, they are not compatible. The FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package, also the addon "Franken Mini Tuner" that loads after the Enhancement Package, tweak things a bit more so that terrains are slightly crisper than was possible using the WOFF GPU Tuners, with no major drop in average FPS over the previous Tuners.

Cheers all and happy WOFFing,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VonS said:

Also, a brief follow-up - if you are running any of my older "WOFF GPU Tuners" for WOFF (which are BH&H2 compatible too) - recommended then is not to run the "FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package" since, technically, they are not compatible. The FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package, also the addon "Franken Mini Tuner" that loads after the Enhancement Package, tweak things a bit more so that terrains are slightly crisper than was possible using the WOFF GPU Tuners, with no major drop in average FPS over the previous Tuners.

VonS am I in error here with your tuners?  Sorry to have to ask? 

F2C843CC-D01D-4058-B16F-9F0CF304A350.jpeg

ok dudes, I'm all set up.

I found that the newer GPUtuners (various ones) seem to make my screen go in and out of focus.??

So I went back to older one from BB (medium one).

@Seb, the best loading order for the various FrankenBHAH addons is as follows:

1. the main FrankenBHAH package (Ver. 1.1)

2. the hardcore addon (Ver. 1.15)

3. the mini tuner improvement (Ver. 1.2)

Also recommended is to offload/remove "GPUtuner ver. 1.1.1" because it is technically not compatible with the various FrankenBHAH packages and addons. For example, the main FrankenBHAH package replaces many of the files in the older GPU Tuners and makes them redundant anyway; also, the hardcore addon and mini tuner improvement were only tested with the main FrankenBHAH package, not with the older GPU Tuners, so no guarantees as to how they will behave with the GPU Tuners. Those using only the older GPU Tuners for PE/BH&H2 WOFF are recommended not to load the FrankenBHAH packages, and vice versa.

Personally, I prefer the FrankenBHAH package and addons since they are more "refined" upgrades over the older GPU Tuners.

@lederhosen, my older GPU Tuners and the various FrankenBHAH packages/addons were tested/tweaked on AMD video cards only but may work well on nVidia too -- BB's packages were specifically tested on nVidia and may indeed work better on many nVidia setups. Best is to pick a tuner that works best for your rig -- the good thing is that both my tuners/enhancement packages and BB's packages eliminate terrain tearing and blue triangles, so you don't have to worry about those no matter what package you install.

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VonS said:

@Seb, the best loading order for the various FrankenBHAH addons is as follows:

1. the main FrankenBHAH package (Ver. 1.1)

2. the hardcore addon (Ver. 1.15)

3. the mini tuner improvement (Ver. 1.2)

Also recommended is to offload/remove "GPUtuner ver. 1.1.1" because it is technically not compatible with the various FrankenBHAH packages and addons. For example, the main FrankenBHAH package replaces many of the files in the older GPU Tuners and makes them redundant anyway; also, the hardcore addon and mini tuner improvement were only tested with the main FrankenBHAH package, not with the older GPU Tuners, so no guarantees as to how they will behave with the GPU Tuners. Those using only the older GPU Tuners for PE/BH&H2 WOFF are recommended not to load the FrankenBHAH packages, and vice versa.

Personally, I prefer the FrankenBHAH package and addons since they are more "refined" upgrades over the older GPU Tuners.

Perfect! Thank you

S!

• Thanks 1

Hallo @Lederhosen,

that's very difficult to recommend mods because every user has his own priorities, favorites. So you see the must-have-mods on my system (I repeat: ONLY on my system!). I have also other mods in the mod-folder, which I activate ( by Bletchley, Jearbear, ...).

Greetings

GME-WOFF.JPG

@Becker, as far as I know the "WOFF PE Historical Victory Information" mod. is not needed with BH&H2 -- since those changes were already implemented under-the-hood in the BH&H2 series. Same rule applies for the older "News mod." (which you don't have but a public service announcement doesn't hurt since I'm already posting) - that one was also implemented sometime earlier, during the WOFF PE era, if I'm not mistaken, while the historical victory info. mod. made its way into BH&H2.

INTERESTING INFO.: if running BB's "Historical Weather Mod 1.45" (the older version) in BH&H2 (also in WOFF UE/PE) -- you will get more days in which you still have to fly in poor weather, while the ver. 2.02 mod. will give you less days of flying in poor weather - with the weather manager more frequently grounding flights during poor weather. The grounding "threshold," so to speak, is lower in ver. 2.02 - while 1.45 is the favorite for us gluttons for punishment. :biggrin:

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

Edited by VonS
Added info.
  • Thanks 1

Hallo @VonS,

yes, you are right: "WOFF PE Historical Victory Information" was implemented! I have checked it (the mod has other photos) and I'm a little bit surprised, because in my memory it was not integrated with release of BH&H2. So, as you have written, it has happened under-the-hood probably (and yes, the older "News-Mod" has been implemented with WOFF-PE). 

"Historical Weather Mod 1.45": I know, it has more days with flights during bad weather. But the flyable bad weather in WOFF is very bad in my opinion. And to stay on ground a few days more because of bad weather is realistic in my eyes.

Greetings

• Thanks 1

Here's my list.  I've manually renumbered several of @VonS FMs so the identical plane types are next to each other.  Make it easier for me to "load only one".

Capture.thumb.JPG.e6a373ee24350553316ba012553af0e3.JPG