I've been looking for another sim to be more "casual" with than DCS, and I think SF2 was a good alternative. However, I'm having livery problems in Strike Fighters 2. I can run everything and even install mods, but when I try to fly as these mods, the liveries are just plain black. Models are all good but liveries are black. Any fixes?

Might be your card, or you're installing skins that don't belong on that particular plane.

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Might be your card, or you're installing skins that don't belong on that particular plane.

Oe something wrong in the name, etc...

Can you post an example?

In yhese days I'm making the opposite of you Trimmer and try to play DCS ( Eric, you've asked me in the DCS Forum)

• Like 1

I guessed that was you posting there. I've started to fly the A-10C again and just plinking targets when I feel like it. But usually the names are right, I think it's a different plane for the skin.

Edited by EricJ

only 2 ways cause the skins to make black. Low RAM memory, less than 8 GB or wrong skin for aircraft. For example if you try to instal TMF F-14 skin for Default ThirdWire F-14. The aircraft wll be black. Or wrong installing. You forgot to unpack skin. for example

On 4/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, bazillius said:

only 2 ways cause the skins to make black. Low RAM memory, less than 8 GB or wrong skin for aircraft. For example if you try to instal TMF F-14 skin for Default ThirdWire F-14. The aircraft wll be black. Or wrong installing. You forgot to unpack skin. for example

It's the default skins that come with the mod aircraft so I know it's the right ones. And I have 16 GB RAM on my PC so I'm not sure it could be that either. 

Can you be specific about which aircraft/skins you’re having problems with?

9 hours ago, allenjb42 said:

Can you be specific about which aircraft/skins you’re having problems with?

The F-15E Strike Eagle mod here and the Canadair Sabre are the two I've installed