Sign in to follow this  
Loriaaaaane

Correct code format of game files?

Yes, another most stupid question of the day

Due to geographical and cultural differences my computer somehow shows the game files incorrectly. Example: in the file for german pilot names NAMESGERMAN.lst;

Banzhaff
B鋜
Barkhorn
B鋞cher
Batel

I'm sure it's a code or character set error. Could someone write the correct NAMESGERMAN.lst contains or tell me which code and character set does the game file use?

Make sure that the files are saved in UNICODE format. So letters like ü, ä and ö are available in game.

i'd also check  for the correct fonts 9american english?) If you extract the HUDData.ini from the /Flight cat, you should (hopefully) see something like this:

TextFontName=Arial
TextSize=20

[SmallLabelFont]
TextFontName=Arial
TextSize=12

16 hours ago, Gepard said:

Make sure that the files are saved in UNICODE format. So letters like ü, ä and ö are available in game.

10 hours ago, Wrench said:

i'd also check  for the correct fonts 9american english?) If you extract the HUDData.ini from the /Flight cat, you should (hopefully) see something like this:

Notepad++ says they are in unicode.

And I meant not in game - after i extracted them from cat files and view in notepad++ they still looks weird and ü, ä or ö not showing

I wonder if anyone could post what the correct NAMESGERMAN.lst contains via copy-paste them here or make a screenshot and sent them here since my computer seems does not has the correct code/character set to read that file correctly.

On 5.5.2022 at 1:17 PM, Loriaaaaane said:

And I meant not in game - after i extracted them from cat files and view in notepad++ they still looks weird and ü, ä or ö not showing

My Notepad++ says it's UCS-2 LE BOM.
Maybe you experience a font problem. Try to select a font that contains german umlauts, e.g. Courier New.  In Notepad++ you can select the fonts with Settings->Style Configurator... . Try changing the Default Style.

8 hours ago, mue said:

My Notepad++ says it's UCS-2 LE BOM.
Maybe you experience a font problem. Try to select a font that contains german umlauts, e.g. Courier New.  In Notepad++ you can select the fonts with Settings->Style Configurator... . Try changing the Default Style.

My notepad++ seems has no problem. Copy pasting ü, ä or ö into it functions normally and I tried to use hex editor to view the lst files, hex editor also recognises some strange no-one use chinese characters in these names. (I can't even read any of these characters even i grew up with Chinese first language)

so im wordering if someone could copy paste the full lst here because i really need to use it ._.

Edited by Loriaaaaane

On 05/05/2022 at 1:17 PM, Loriaaaaane said:

What exactly is shown in Notepad++'s status bar? I don't think it shows "unicode".
Can you post your NAMESGERMAN.lst file here. Not with copy-paste but as attachment.

16 hours ago, mue said:

What exactly is shown in Notepad++'s status bar? I don't think it shows "unicode".
Can you post your NAMESGERMAN.lst file here. Not with copy-paste but as attachment.

UCS-2 Little Endian. Hex editor says unicode.

NAMESGERMAN.LST

8 hours ago, Loriaaaaane said:

UCS-2 Little Endian. Hex editor says unicode.

NAMESGERMAN.LST

Yes, your file seems corrupted.
What games incl. patch level (e.g. SF2 Vietnam Jul 2013, SF2 Europe Jul 2013 , ...) have you installed? What tool have you used to extract the files (the official TW extractor or the extractor from Mues Toolbox)?
Try to reextract the file. Maybe your file got corrupted by opening and saving the file with an editor.

Edited by mue

20 hours ago, mue said:

Yes, your file seems corrupted.
What games incl. patch level (e.g. SF2 Vietnam Jul 2013, SF2 Europe Jul 2013 , ...) have you installed? What tool have you used to extract the files (the official TW extractor or the extractor from Mues Toolbox)?
Try to reextract the file. Maybe your file got corrupted by opening and saving the file with an editor.

A merged SF2 NA Jul 2013. Im using the extractor from Mues Toolbox. Here's a re-extract. There might be issues with my RAM got a chip fried or something keep making bugs.

If it still appears corrupted could I ask for copy pasting the corrected lst contains here? I need the names for something else. Thanks!

NAMESGERMAN.LST

Edited by Loriaaaaane