Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Question for cockpit builder about Radar_Scope texture

Hello everyone!

I am working on a radar scope overhaul for SFCE.  I am buzzed about this one.  By using LOD Viewer to look at the default radar scope.  I am trying to replace the radar scope default texture with the new one.  That way it won't show blank 'black screen".  It is my goal to assign a new texture to it.  

F-4-B-Radar-Scope

May I ask for advice on how to replace the default texture for radar scope?

Thank you and cheers!

Eagle114th

• Like 1

Put the new texture in your cockpit folder of the given AC, named same as the original you intend to replace. Also check in the AC_avionics.ini that the texture call out is correct (very front of the file under TextureData) . As a sample - RadarTexture=cockpit\Ye8_radar.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, logan4 said:

Put the new texture in your cockpit folder of the given AC, named same as the original you intend to replace. Also check in the AC_avionics.ini that the texture call out is correct (very front of the file under TextureData) . As a sample - RadarTexture=cockpit\Ye8_radar.jpg

Thank you for the reply.  

According to this code from F-4B Cockpit ini:

[RadarScope]
Type=RADAR_SCOPE
NodeName=radar_screen

By default, the radar scope is black, and It is my goal to have a new texture as default especially when the radar is off.  I do not want to use "RadarTexture" because the texture is activated only when I turn radar on.  

In order, for radarScope to have new texture, I can do this:

[TextureData]
RadarScope=cockpit\RadarScope_NEW.bmp

Right?

Eagle114th

By default, the radar scope is black, and It is my goal to have a new texture as default especially when the radar is off.  I do not want to use "RadarTexture" because the texture is activated only when I turn radar on

if you had acess to the cockpit lod (which we don't) you could hex edit the lod and change the texture callout. But, that wouldn't work because you can't share copyrighted material (ie: the lods).

Also, the scope "insturment" is actually part of the _panel.bmp; the radar texture bmp is simple for when the scope is on.

I'd just leave it as is when the scope is off.

3 hours ago, Wrench said:

if you had acess to the cockpit lod (which we don't) you could hex edit the lod and change the texture callout. But, that wouldn't work because you can't share copyrighted material (ie: the lods).

Also, the scope "insturment" is actually part of the _panel.bmp; the radar texture bmp is simple for when the scope is on.

I'd just leave it as is when the scope is off.

I agree with you.  After going researching and trying to make it work, I have come to the conclusion:  When hitting the hard brick wall, it is best to leave it alone and make the best out of it.  

Therefore, I will focus on texture and ini files only.  Most practical this way.

Cheers!

• Like 1