Hello everyone,

After trying to solve this problem, I am still stuck with this strange situation with pylon / rail.  Here is screenshot:

Mirage 5E2
img00158

Please note the problem with pylon / rail when loading ordinance under outer wing.  Here is a file:

Mirage5E2_Data.INI

Please Note, this is from another mod I am using for SFCE since it have modified .ini made specific for Egypt.  It is my goal to have the accurate Mirage for each nations.  I have successfully checked and fix any codes that needs fixing.  However, this one got me stumped.

May I ask for the advice onn how to solve this issue. 

Thank you

Eagle114th

Edited by Eagle114th

FInally solved it.  Is IRM rail supposed to be at this angle? Just wondering...

img00159

Edited by Eagle114th

Take a look at that picture:

Aircraft image Large size

You will notice that the Matra Magic missile is loaded on an angled rail. As far as I know the anlgled rail was for French IRMs and the straight one was for AIM-9s. Probably the Magic missile needed bigger separatiion from the inner pylon stores. I am thinking of those bomb-carrying fuel tanks, that had bombs hanging on the sides, designation RPK-10.

Edited by Svetlin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The tanks show up as you removed the required entries from the given stations.....

FuelTankName=Tank500_SupersonicMirage
FuelTankNodeName=drop_tank_supersonic_R // and _L
NoJettisionTank=TRUE

FuelTankName=Tank1700_Mirage
FuelTankNodeName=drop_tank_1700_R // and _L
NoJettisionTank=TRUE

You either have to use the built in meshes or apply a hide entry for the given meshes if you want some 3rd party external model to be shown.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Svetlin said:

Take a look at that picture:

You will notice that the Matra Magic missile is loaded on an angled rail. As far as I know the anlgled rail was for French IRMs and the straight one was for AIM-9 Probably the Magic missile needed bigger separatiion from the inner pylon stores. I am thinking of those bomb-carrying fuel tanks, that had bombs hanging on the sides, designation RPK-10.

Thank you for the picture. I just realized it was designed this way.  I will keep it that way.  I always learn new things everyday!

2 hours ago, logan4 said:

The tanks show up as you removed the required entries from the given stations.....

FuelTankName=Tank500_SupersonicMirage
FuelTankNodeName=drop_tank_supersonic_R // and _L
NoJettisionTank=TRUE

FuelTankName=Tank1700_Mirage
FuelTankNodeName=drop_tank_1700_R // and _L
NoJettisionTank=TRUE

You either have to use the built in meshes or apply a hide entry for the given meshes if you want some 3rd party external model to be shown.

That is noted, I am going to do it this way.   I appreciate your advice.

Cheers!

Hello everyone!

The problems are all solved now, thank you Svetlin and Logan4 for the help and information!

img00162

img00163

img00164

This bought me a lot of joys of being able to fix the errors with the codes.  The unused codes are cleaned in data.ini.  Same thing with cockpit.  By researching, I realized that Mirage 5E2 is radarless upgrade version with modernized HUD.  IAI Kfir is similar being radarless with modernized HUD, so I studied Kfir avionics codes and compared with Mirage 5E2 to ensure the codes works properly too.

I am happy with the outcome so far.  I am going to take it slowly with SFCE, double checking each aircraft to ensure all are working well.

Cheers!

• Like 1