Is it possible to give an aircraft reverse thrust? I tried modding a gripen i downloaded a while ago and gave it a thrsut vector key that moves the engine 180 dagrees so its in the other direction, but no matter how much thrust i give it it doesnt move. So i was wondering if i did something wrong, or does sf2 really not know how to push an aircraft in reverse while its on the ground. thanks!

this is what i added: 

ThrustVectoring=TRUE
ThrustVectorInputName=THRUST_VECTOR_CONTROL

MaxVectoredPitchAngle=-180.0
ThrustVectorControlRate=0.2

3 hours ago, toot said:

sf2 really not know how to push an aircraft in reverse while its on the ground

That's is correct.
You can slow down if you have speed but you cannot go in reverse on the ground.

One of the Tornado aircraft has reverse buckets. Check the  files. I steal all the stuff I need from other aircraft.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, alexis99 said:

One of the Tornado aircraft has reverse buckets. Check the  files. I steal all the stuff I need from other aircraft.

Do you know which of the tornados have it? Or at least the lines I need to add?

On 2/7/2023 at 3:30 PM, alexis99 said:

I think Tesla owner would be jealous if he finds that out :D

It's a ground attack version by Guuru. The aircraft itself is called Tonka. I believe all Guuru's Tornados have reverse buckets. Try the newest GR1A

1 hour ago, alexis99 said:

It's a ground attack version by Guuru. The aircraft itself is called Tonka. I believe all Guuru's Tornados have reverse buckets. Try the newest GR1A

Hi there, how you're doin' ? I hope you will come to vote, Sunday, in the thread opened by me, the next plane, will you ? (Now is the moment when you nod and say YES to the camera LOL )

I'm just fine, Ully, thanks for asking. I didn't realise you hadn't been around because lots of your previous posts on interesting topics are still kicking around on the site. I hope you are well too.

Yes I will post. Any minute now. (Big smile and nod)

As regards reverse thrust, which I tend to think of as a braking effect, rather than a means of an aircraft backing up, we're talking about needing extra airbrakes.

I assume the reverse buckets on the  SF Tornado work the same way as a drogue parachute on other SF aircraft. Basically you put the correct code into the data file that describes a second airbrake of whatever strength you want, which only operates when your wheels are on the ground. You don't need to see a parachute graphic out the back of the aircraft, (which would be nice - I believe the F-117 has it), but you get the effect of a drogue chute in the form of a second airbrake. I confess to stealing that code and putting it into an aircraft that should have had a drogue chute, back in my SF1 days, and it worked a treat. 

It might also be worth looking into the datafile of the SF2 version of the Marina Militare AV-8B+ which is in the downloads section. It features the moveable thrusters which can be pointed down to 90 degrees for vertical lift, but also to 120 degrees forward to aid in braking.

• Like 1