I recently started a Vietnam campaign flying the A 7 Corsair in the 1965 Vietnam campaign mod. I have noticed that if I equip drop tanks to my aircraft even though I have remapped jettison drop tank key multiple times it jettison's all my stores regardless. Any ideas why this might be? I've double checked the key mapping there's no problem there so I'm a bit at a loss as I have never had that occur in any other aircraft. Any assistance would be appreciated.

iirc, drop tanks are a different keystroke from bombs/rocket pods. Been a while, so ... ???

Yeah it's CTRL+J if my mind serves me right. It shouldn't be doing that, perhaps a glitch?

yup .. Cntrl/D == tanks

Cntrl/J == weapons (excepting gun pods and jammer pods)

I originally remapped it to my hotas and then back to the keyboard and totally unassigned the jettison payload key.  Could that be part of it?  None of the above managed to fix it.  I havent tested it on other aircraft yet but happened 5 times in a row just testing.

Edited by Schattenreich

My suggestion would be to toss the old Control.ini, and start fresh. Something went wrong somewhere.

Ok so got a new problem has developed.  Game crashes when I get a kill more often than not.  Doesn't matter if its campaign of instant action.  Any ideas what might cause this?  Thanks again yall!

Edited by Schattenreich

On 2/16/2023 at 12:39 AM, Schattenreich said:

I originally remapped it to my hotas and then back to the keyboard and totally unassigned the jettison payload key.  Could that be part of it?  None of the above managed to fix it.  I havent tested it on other aircraft yet but happened 5 times in a row just testing.

I think the old Thrustmaster stuff is wearing out a bit. I am assuming you use Thrustmaster. If not, my apologies.

I have the Warthog Throttle. I use the ECM switch for ECM and autopilot for Wing Leveller. Occasionally when I switch the ECM on, the Wing Leveller takes over, even though they are both completely different commands. So I had to remap the ECM to my Virpil panel. You may have something like that occurring.

Jettison Weapons and Jettison Tanks are definitely two different commands. I have them mapped to my Virpil Panel, and those switches have not crosstalked so far.