Sign in to follow this  

Does the AircraftRole=TANSPORT do anything? I've noticed its just like recon and its only for bots, as well as AIR_ASSAULT which doesn't even show up for me ingame. Not sure if theres a full list of roles, but could be cool to see all the useless ones

They seems to be useless. I guess they were made for future projects.

2 hours ago, toot said:

Does the AircraftRole=TANSPORT do anything? I've noticed its just like recon and its only for bots, as well as AIR_ASSAULT which doesn't even show up for me ingame. Not sure if theres a full list of roles, but could be cool to see all the useless ones

Transport features puts that plane on a random list of appearing in the theater you wanna see it. The bad part is that it will appear in pairs of two plane into a default formation. For Air Assault you have to have "paratroopers" disguised as ...bombs  (don't laugh) in order to work. That's in a nutshell.

And no, they were made for...past projects that he (TK) abandoned them as time went by.

With a little imagination and a little edit (formation.ini and other files responsable for the formation number, I don't remember now which ones exactly), I think one can make appear just one instead of two, to be more realistic. They work well if you set them up for a campaign. You will need to add them (the models you want as transports to appear) to the list in campaign files and they will appear randomly in the operation theater from time to time. Of course you will have to pay attention to each transport aircraft to correspond in its files for the period you have in mind for your campaign etc.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2

Even if the plane is a bomber, if it has the TRANSPORT role, it will not attack under any conditions, even if it has weapons. As I noticed, this is the only feature of this role. For eyecandy aircrafts. Furniture for missions.