Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

DA's TOTALLY TERRIFIC THREAD OF STICKERIFFIC IMPROVEMENTIFICATIONS. and stuff

of course the earlier batch is being the usual  problematic ........

tail.thumb.jpg.65797eb061ccc8ea181ab5ad56a45244.jpg

by comparison the Mud Hens were soo soo easy to serial hunt and verify.......

• Like 1

I was just getting to Bitburg & being reassigned to Spangdahlem in 93. :smile: Mt. Home was the dreaded assignment nobody wanted at the time. Hell, I went to Incirlik to get out of it. :biggrin:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Nightshade/PR said:

I was just getting to Bitburg & being reassigned to Spangdahlem in 93. :smile: Mt. Home was the dreaded assignment nobody wanted at the time. Hell, I went to Incirlik to get out of it. :biggrin:

I know how you feel. At all odds I dodged (and never went there) Korea like the plague. Instead, I was at Fort Hood/Covazos and Sill, and a tour in Germany. Never went to Korea thankfully.

Bragg (the bigger alcoholics than Pope :lol:) then Germany and back to Bragg until i bummed my time in the Reserves

of course Germany wound up being with a field artillery unit. so i was well acquainted with the paths and trails of Graf and Hohenfels........

• Like 1

Ahhhh, the Graf, where the suns shines every 6 weeks for a total of 2 hours a day in the winter: non-consecutively too. But I thought it was fun: for an AF trooper being attached to a Air Liaison & FO unit (they asked for volunteers), I had the time of my life. You Army guys have good chow, but DAMN that place is cold!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I've been to Graf and Hohenfels, but either during the fall or summer, never winter, so I missed that party.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nightshade/PR said:

Ahhhh, the Graf, where the suns shines every 6 weeks for a total of 2 hours a day in the winter: non-consecutively too. But I thought it was fun: for an AF trooper being attached to a Air Liaison & FO unit (they asked for volunteers), I had the time of my life. You Army guys have good chow, but DAMN that place is cold!!!!!!!

yes (as a retired 92G aka Mess Sergeant) and yes, as in i was sitting on a 50 cal one night in early 2001 when it got so damn cold 7th Army put the word out "no guards after midnight". woulda been nice except we had to carry the 50 and its T&E and other assorted gear with a mile back to the TOC.

Ma Duece is fun until you gotta hump her more than 50 ft anywhere..........

5 minutes ago, EricJ said:

I've been to Graf and Hohenfels, but either during the fall or summer, never winter, so I missed that party.

all of the above for Graf's lmao.

but our CMTC rotation was always in November. three weeks before Thanksgivivng, go home for the weekend (week for the cooks that prepped the meal) then three more weeks out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daddyairplanes said:

all of the above for Graf's lmao.

but our CMTC rotation was always in November. three weeks before Thanksgivivng, go home for the weekend (week for the cooks that prepped the meal) then three more weeks out

Yech, though we did a "Tactical Graf" where we stayed out in the field for a month or so, was BS but I got through it though.

i thought you was a fister, and lived out in the field lol

my three in Germany were fun, but was glad to go back to signal. as long as chow isnt fucked up, they leave their cooks the hell alone :lol:

releatively back on topic, anybody have a working (as in shows up) HARM Targeting pod for the Viper?  the one in Gunny's Weps Packs arent working. have a workaround with the Pave Penny pod......... except for that clear glass window.

will ask the wider public tomm,  but since you two are in here jokin an smokin...... :biggrin:

Yeah but it sucked during that Graf rotation, and at that time I was spoiled by the in-garrison accommodations, wasn't too bad.

This is what I have for the HTS though, may be what you're looking for:

HTS_POD.7z

• Like 1

i think i had nicer accomadations in tent cities during deployments than during the field while in Germany. even when i was like two blocks from the poo pond in KAF :lol:

and that HTS pod is same one thats in the Gunny's pack. do you use it on the bugs or something? it sure dont show ingame, and lodviewer dont show it having a pylon

make a good looking workaround with Pave Penny pod. good except that you cant paint the clear part of the model..........

Bugs or Super Bugs never used an HTS, they I would say had the avionics, so they wouldn't need a separate pod for them.

Yeah that Graf rotation sucked balls. The barracks they had for units wasn't bad, was walking distance from the Shoppette and such, so I didn't complain that much.

ok so next question, does yours show up in game?

mine is selectable in the drop down, viewable in Mues viewer but not  seen on the runway......

No, but it's paired with a Sniper XR pod, and I don't know which one it is to upload. It fits in the right spot where the HTS would go, along with the Sniper pod. If I find out which one I'll upload it though.

nah hold that thought. seems like it wasnt meant to be stand alone then, but paired and used on the later models of Viper.

will put some feelers out this evening or tomm on either a working one already or poss try to do one in Blender

I tried running a mission with this pod loaded, but as near as I can tell, it didn't do anything other than be a visual item. What exactly is it supposed to do?

img00038.thumb.JPG.0cb0d3af09ab658d60c5848c7fdda78f.JPGimg00039.thumb.JPG.599baf69445b80b6d1168b51f898f546.JPGimg00040.thumb.JPG.30efde14ede3d906807e20f4a9ff9dba.JPG

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

well for my purposes, be a visual item :lol:

IRL it does some of what the F-4Gs APR-47 and its 52 antennae did, hence the nickname of "Weasel in a can"

edit: in game the versions i see list as navigation pods. so...... nada

where'd you get yours from?  i didnt have that designation in dropdown until i made my own, (it said HARM targeting pod) and mine certainly dont show up

Edited by daddyairplanes

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure... I've had them for years; trot them out every so often to jazz up the look of a plane, but that was all they did. I put all of them in 1 zip.

ASQ-213A_AAQ-33.zip

Now I remember. They're in the Operation Darius Mod.

Edited by Nightshade/PR
Additional Information
  • Thanks 1

that did it!

img00020.thumb.JPG.9feb58ae3637a37602cff867bcce09eb.JPG

Eric, my apologies. with what you were talking about i was thinking of a twin pod set up only, not any single pod like here

as it was still had to adjust the data ini to back date to 1994 (ok maybe not totally accurate but i've spent about two minutes on this so far, just getting it to load)

as for in game use, it has the codes to be a deceptive jammer. CW capable but zero strength so :dntknw: the ones i was playing with were nav pods

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

that did it!

Eric, my apologies. with what you were talking about i was thinking of a twin pod set up only, not any single pod like here

as it was still had to adjust the data ini to back date to 1994 (ok maybe not totally accurate but i've spent about two minutes on this so far, just getting it to load)

as for in game use, it has the codes to be a deceptive jammer. CW capable but zero strength so :dntknw: the ones i was playing with were nav pods

No worries, it has no real function in-game as you see. It's just there to look like it does something but no, it just occupies the pylon for looks and nothing else.

• Like 1

well, that recent unit is shot off to do ORI and make sure it does well on its real deployment soon

meanwhile, lets make this

image.thumb.png.c4827cc8d24420f883331e031030a7c9.png

look similar to this

image.thumb.png.520d7cdfbba18180f816f3835485e0a5.png

• Like 1

todays work. done around chores shopping and dinner

late

img00027.thumb.JPG.b0a2929ea94d97c17e8df1d903acad06.JPG

early

img00028.thumb.JPG.a7c9df9b7aeb5b91dbf315f65cf6b581.JPG

• Like 5