Hey guys, do we have an Inert/ dummy AIM-7 as carried by the RAF Phantoms anywhere? Blue with no fins.

i made this one here

the front looks like an AIM-7F the rest like an AIM-7E , on the Motor it says E , dont know what it realy is 

almost all of the AIM-7 Inert missiles have " DO NOT FLY " on them so i´m not sure if a AIM-7 inert missile was ever in air  , thats the reson i did not made them

by the way total blue  colored AIM-7 are normally a Japanese feature

Image2.thumb.jpg.30ddac85824a56ad2bae02233105d70f.jpg

• Like 1

RAF Phantoms in Germany carried them in the front right sparrow well as a counter weight when they had the strike camera in the front left sparrow well along with the centerline reconnaissance pod.

14 hours ago, dtmdragon said:

RAF Phantoms in Germany carried them in the front right sparrow well as a counter weight when they had the strike camera in the front left sparrow well along with the centerline reconnaissance pod.

Sorry did not know that

i just made this skin for the Skyflash 3000 , you can have it with or with out the fins , just have to make the weapons folders for it

Image2.thumb.jpg.d370becc39fcf2d278432a20efda6bc6.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks mate that would be great! Possibly the template to please as the RAF inert missiles where painted completely blue but I can do that

images.jpeg.jpg

WJdOzl2.jpg

Screenshot_20230731_121348_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230731_122121_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230731_122128_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by dtmdragon

6 hours ago, dtmdragon said:

Thanks mate that would be great! Possibly the template to please as the RAF inert missiles where painted completely blue but I can do that

i was searching for a picture of that all blue  missile , but i could not find any 

are there any stencils on them or is that just a missile body filled with concrete and painted blue ???

would that be ok 

should i remove the cable trays as well  ????

Image2.thumb.jpg.17de0fd447aa8ee965102dd30436342c.jpg

• Like 2

That is awsome mate, honestly I have no clue on the cable trays. Like you I could find sweet bugger all photos of it and just a handfull of written references about loadouts including the EMI recon pod and strike camera. Knowing the Brits I think your spot on about it simply being nothing more complex than a concrete filled missile body with attachment points! I'm slowly tidying up Sundowners most recent F-4K/M for SF2 uploads and setting them up to replace the stock game F-4K and M aircraft like the latest Phantom E models uploaded here at CA do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1