Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

Nuclear Fireball Not Visible from a distance with Lex and Stary Effects

Finally got the nuclear weapons into my mod folder along with Stary and Lex's effects.  Using either KT003 MT003, or nukeexplosion effect does not produce a fireball as I'm flying away from it.  If I turn toward it, I will see smoke as I fly within 15nm of the explosion.

Why is that?  It's as if the distance is reduced in seeing some effects.

You cannot do anything about it, all effects disappear from a distance, another limitation of the game engine. It's more apparent with effects as big as a nuclear explosion. I made a reworked nuclear explosion effect, it's included in the extra skin pack for the F-22A Raptor add-on. You might want to check that out, but it will still suffer from those rendering limitations.

Like I said before, you cannot fix the distance of effects, there are game engine limitations with them. Mue's distance fix affects shaders for TODs and for the terrain, it has nothing to do with the shaders of effects and their rendering. This being said, I hope to be wrong.

Edited by Menrva

I dialed down the explosive mass so that way I'm not in orbit escaping to see the fireball.

Much better now.  Thanks!