Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

Adding nations and correct markings

I am trying to figure out how to add new nations via cut and paste in the nations.ini. Specifically creating a Chinese Navy addition for the War for Taiwan campaign. I have modified the SU-33 to resemble a J-15 and it looks good. Yet when copying the PLAAF nation text and renaming it for the PLANAF, I get the wrong markings. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

ok looking at teh entry for China

[Nation023]      <--------------- did you change this to the next value in your nations.ini?
Name=China   <---------------- did you change this, say to ChinaNavy?
DisplayName=Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force  <------- I'll bet you changed this
Alignment=ENEMY                                                  <-------------------------------------------------------
PilotNameList=NamesChineseYP.lst                                                                                 |
RankList=RanksPLA.lst
CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
Formation.Fighter=SovietFighter                                                                                         |
Formation.Attack=SovietFighter
Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber
Formation.Transport=SovietBomber                                this stuff probably isnt affecting it
Formation.Tank=SovietTank
Formation.MobileAD=SovietAD
PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav                                                                                         |
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str                                                                                    |
StartDate=1949                                                        <----------------------------------------------------------

final things off top of my head is did you put it in your flight folder? and save the insignia as insigniaXXX.tga in the main decals folder (XXX being whatever value you assigned it)?

alternately, your could just force the issue by putting the decals in the aircraft folder as whatever you name it except insignia. i do this with unit markings, but it should work insignia too....

• Like 1

To add new nations and have them with working insignia like on stock aircraft is not trivial, it is not just a matter of modifying the nations.ini file nor a matter of copying an insignia.tga file.

Anyway, it is not necessary to reinvent the wheel, the People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force had been added already with the following mod: 

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 4