Guys, 

I was flying the F/A-18F at night and I realized that I was able to see well despite the darkness outside, and I noticed that this aircraft has a green filter inside the cabin simulating an NVG.
How can I recreate this same effect on other aircraft, so I can fly in darkness?

I looked at cockpit.ini but didn't find anything that I could identify.

Below I have attached screenshots of the same moment, showing the difference between looking at the darkness from outside, and looking from inside the cockpit.

img00772.JPG

img00773.JPG

img00774.JPG

• Like 1

It was some editing of the inner light color, it's in the cockpit.ini, under this:

NightLightOn=0.25
NightLightColor=0.0,1.0,0.0,0.7

• Like 2

set the nightlighton to 0.55

makes it come on 'earlier'

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EricJ said:

It was some editing of the inner light color, it's in the cockpit.ini, under this:

NightLightOn=0.25
NightLightColor=0.0,1.0,0.0,0.7

I tried.
i copy the same data from the F/A-18F to another plane and when I went to see, what happened was that the entire panel of the aircraft turned green instead of the red light, and I still couldn't see anything outside.

Strange.

Anyway, I'll keep trying, thanks!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, madvad said:

I tried.
i copy the same data from the F/A-18F to another plane and when I went to see, what happened was that the entire panel of the aircraft turned green instead of the red light, and I still couldn't see anything outside.

Strange.

Anyway, I'll keep trying, thanks!

It's not refined like simonmiller416's filter, but that's what I found out, and it's not apparently workable in other aircraft. It just very well be that the Super Hornet lighting system allows it, while others don't. :dntknw:

• Like 1

Just now, EricJ said:

It's not refined like simonmiller416's filter, but that's what I found out, and it's not apparently workable in other aircraft. It just very well be that the Super Hornet lighting system allows it, while others don't. :dntknw:

Yes, that's what I noticed. On the Super Hornet the filter applies to your eye, you look outside the aircraft and see everything with the green filter... when I tried to change it on other aircraft, it only changed the color of the panel lighting, if you look outside it remains darkness.

But thanks for your reply, saved me time trying to do the impossible :ty:

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By simonmiller416

View File WP GPNVG/AVS-10 shader in SF2 (Morden NOD style)
      【GPNVG-18 is a special NOD offering greater strength and durability during rough use in the field, as well as four high performance, MIL-SPEC Unfilmed White Phosphor image intensifier tubes that combine using specialized hybrid optics to provide the end user with an umatched 97° degree field of view, as opposed to the standard 40° field of view provided by traditional binocular night vision systems.】

Highly recommond you guys use it with Realsky Environment Mod.
      This is a shader that can change the original color of the game to make it close to the color of White Phosphor Image Intensifier Tubes in reality. Of course, it will also really brighten the brightness of the picture.

===========================================================================================
      Usage/ Read Me!!!!!:
      1.put [TWPOSTPROCESS.FX] into your SF2's Flight folder【Back up recommonded】;
      2.check your graphics option and make sure Effects Detail choosed for Unlimited;
      3.make sure your Mission Start Time choosed for Night;
      4.fly and control the night!

This is a shader ,so even in day time the night vision effect will trun on,delete [TWPOSTPROCESS.FX] to return default.
      Submitter simonmiller416 Submitted 06/02/2022 Category Effect Mods  
    • By simonmiller416
      【GPNVG-18 is a special NOD offering greater strength and durability during rough use in the field, as well as four high performance, MIL-SPEC Unfilmed White Phosphor image intensifier tubes that combine using specialized hybrid optics to provide the end user with an umatched 97° degree field of view, as opposed to the standard 40° field of view provided by traditional binocular night vision systems.】

Highly recommond you guys use it with Realsky Environment Mod.
      This is a shader that can change the original color of the game to make it close to the color of White Phosphor Image Intensifier Tubes in reality. Of course, it will also really brighten the brightness of the picture.

===========================================================================================
      Usage/ Read Me!!!!!:
      1.put [TWPOSTPROCESS.FX] into your SF2's Flight folder【Back up recommonded】;
      2.check your graphics option and make sure Effects Detail choosed for Unlimited;
      3.make sure your Mission Start Time choosed for Night;
      4.fly and control the night!

This is a shader ,so even in day time the night vision effect will trun on,delete [TWPOSTPROCESS.FX] to return default.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..