Tonci87

Question regarding wich mods to use

Hi,

I purchased this sim very recently and so far I´m really enjoying it.

Mods usually help to make games even more enjoyable, so naturally, I had a look to see if mods are available.

My issue now is, that I can´t tell wich of the mods are still compatible with the newest version of the game, and maybe wich ones are must haves.

Is the "WOFF 0 - Consolidated Custom Facilities Airfields Mod" from this website (https://www.thatoneplease.co/airfieldsWOFF.html) ok to use?

What about the "WOFF BH&H II Historically Populated Airfields Mod (Version 1.5)"?

Would anyone recommend some of the Terrain mods? https://www.thatoneplease.co/terrainWOFF.html

I´ve read in the FAQ that skin mods could interfere with the game, since it has a plethora of skins already. But then I wonder if "WOFF User Skins (Version 9.0) by Jerbear" would work. https://www.thatoneplease.co/skinsWOFF.html

I was intrigued by the possibility of additional mission types made by Bletchley's. But I´m not sure which of his packs to use, or all of them. https://www.thatoneplease.co/generalWOFF.html

And finally the mods here, in particular the FM tweaks and the FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package (with the hardcore option?): 

Your recommendations will be very much appreciated. I just worry that I´ll brick my game with its fresh career, if I install the wrong thing.

Thank you.

EDIT: I should add that I´m not a stranger to modding and know how to use JSGME

Edited by Tonci87

Hi Tonci, for BH&H2-compatible mods, best is to check over Becker's excellent mods-compatibility post at this link.

RJW's "Custom Consolidated Airfields and Facilities" mod(s) are must-haves and are compatible with BH&H2. Also worth checking out are BuckeyeBob's cloud/weather mods (those I think are listed under Becker's post, and available also on Sandbagger's website where RJW's facilities mods are hosted too).

In terms of my FM mods, make sure to use with BH&H2 only the ones that are indicated to be BH&H2-compatible in that package (I've organized things by folders so it is easy to figure out what is compatible - for example, my older WoFF UE/PE FM mods are all in a separate folder and may be disregarded).

The "FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package" is a terrain/FPS-tuner package tweaked to eradicate screen tearing and to improve FPS whenever possible, in BH&H2. There are also various realism tweaks included in that package. If you want to run the enhancement package, the recommended order in which to load it via JSGME is as follows:

Step 1: Base Enhancement Package (ver. 1.1)

Step 2 (optional): Hardcore Addon (ver. 1.15)

Step 3 (optional, load only if not installing 1.15): Hardcore "Compensatory AI" Addon (ver. 1.16)

Step 4 (optional, always load after 1.1, 1.15/1.16, etc.): FrankenMiniTuner ver. 1.2

If you are interested in the mods listed immediately above, recommended is first to install only the base package 1.1 and mini-tuner 1.2, for FPS improvements and smoothness - and to leave the addon 1.15 and/or addon 1.16 for later, once you become more familiar with WoFF (because addons 1.15 and 1.16 include some modifications to AI routines and chances of such routines in WoFF BH&H2; those addons also increase chances of engine breakdown, fire, etc., and further remove you from the stock WoFF experience).

To find all of those various mods, simply scroll up/down through the posts in that support thread where I also posted info. about the dual-CPU X79 build.

In terms of Bletchley's mods - I don't know if they are compatible with BH&H2. Hopefully someone will see this thread and comment on those other mods. The "Historically Populated Airfields" mod by JJJ (ver. 1.5) works for the most part, as far as I know, only if you are also using JJJ's Java-based "Mission Editor" for BH&H2. Standalone, I don't think it provides full results - namely, historical aircraft types (static models) at airfields, depending on period of war.

Regarding those other terrain mods you've mentioned - largely a hit-and-miss situation - some may be compatible, others may not be - best is to experiment slowly with those (I think that most of those terrain mods were made for WoFF UE, possibly not even updated for WoFF PE).

Cheers,

:smile:

Edited by VonS
Edited post.
  • Thanks 1

Nice post, VonS! With regards to bricking your career, Robert Wiggins made a fantastic pilot backup program that you shouldn't really fly without, but mostly if you just copy your pilots folder from the campaigns folder to somewhere else while you are testing, you should be ok, keeping in mind you need to re-copy it over to the secure underground facility manually for every campaign mission you might happen to fly during the testing phase.

• Thanks 1

Yes, @VonS, very good answer!

Greetings!

Edited by Becker02
  • Thanks 1