Sign in to follow this  
Shootingstar2

EAW, buy GOG or Steam?

Which is the best site to buy European Air War From Steam or GOG ?? Any suggestions great appreciated, thanks to all and any, WAC

Edited by Shootingstar2

European Air War is a classic flight simulation game that immerses players in historic aerial combat during World War II. With authentic aircraft and realistic missions, it offers an exhilarating experience. Engage in dogfights, strategic bombing, and air superiority missions as you navigate the skies in this iconic and timeless air combat simulator.

Edited by eugenephilip572
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 1

That wasn't the least bit helpful. If we wanted an advertisment ....

• Haha 2

GoG
The steam version is the GoG version re-badged.

There is more information at the SimHQ EAW forum

Edited by DrAquidel
  • Dislike 1

GOG was first and the Steam was 2nd to get EAW. They are both the same game; A super patched v1.2. Both require a new ddraw.dll to be present.......

Read my GOG Patches Help Document. (be sure to keep reading CombatACE EAW forum for more hints for GOG users).

https://eaw.neocities.org/gog-patches.html

Edited by MarkEAW

I don't have EAW but in general terms, doesn't GOG have some advantages over Steam for legacy games?  I have a couple old PC's (Win7 & XP) that I maintain for legacy games.  Steam has and will continue to end support for retired versions of Windows.  So at some point, if you had EAW on a version of Windows that Steam drops support for,  wouldn't you be forced to move your install to a new OS?  I really like GOG because their games are just a simple installer you install once and you're done.  Will the Steam client potentially update your game, possibly messing with any mods you might have?  Clearly I don't know a lot about Steam LOL.

Wizard

• Like 1

Yeah, your right....from everything everyone tells me GOG is better to deal with there site/software than steam, just in general.

I pretty sure the GOG/Steam installer for EAW from these sites won't run on WinXP, not sure about Vista. I can't remember though if you could find a way to open there installer without running it, if you had too.

I also read about Steam overlay software (I guess its called something like that) won't work on older systems soon. Just like Wizard43 said. :)