MaxDepression=280

DefaultDepression=50

RocketDepression=30

GunDepression=10

bold lines can be added

works in classic games with October 2008 update and all SF2 series games

DefaultDepression= used for bombs

RocketDepression= used for unguided rockets

GunDepression= used for guns but only set if guns are selected via "next air to ground weapon" command

if guns are selected with "next air to air weapon" command then depression is 0 / switched to caged sight

Hi all, I came across this post in the Knowledge Base which I think might come in useful for me. I'm looking to increase the gunsight depression for rockets on the F-105, and this seems to be the answer (short of a clickable cockpit).

I can see from the F-105D.ini, that it points to a file called F-105D_cockpit.ini, but I can't find that file anywhere. Being relatively new to the game, I'm looking for some advice.

I HAVE had a look in the KB, but it's fair to say I don't know what I'm looking for exactly. I also find the search function of this forum simply doesn't work for me - again, probably because I don't know how to use it properly.

TIA

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I can see from the F-105D.ini, that it points to a file called F-105D_cockpit.ini, but I can't find that file anywhere. Being relatively new to the game, I'm looking for some advice.

Download Thirdwire CAT extractor, then look for the needed file in the game base .CAT files.

https://combatace.com/files/file/13040-3rd-wire-toolkits-april-2012/

The tool is not really user friendly, but it does the job

Edited by OlWilly
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Thanks for this (and you @OlWilly). The extractor readme talks about finding the install directory path; I assume this is not the Mod Folder? Or is it?

It is the folder in which you installed the game.

41 minutes ago, Blade said:

It is the folder in which you installed the game.

Thanks, but I realise this - I cannot find it, however.