Sign in to follow this  
EagleRaptor

Tutorial Adding Weapons To SF/WOV/WOE Is Invisible

I don't remember anymore how to add weapons and this tutorial for me has the images not visible.

(I don't think it's only for me. I am on Windows 11 on Chrome browser).

Does someone want to help me please ?

Posted (edited)

**moved back to SF2 Forum**

===

the post works fine, it's just all the images are gone due to their expiration date being long past at PhotoBucket

Edited by Wrench
removed my wrong statements

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Wrench said:

Wrong Forum

Moved to 1stGen Forums

===

the post works fine, it's just all the images are gone due to their expiration date being long past at PhotoBucket

Rather than try to edit weapons on your own, use of the HUGE weapons packs available in the download section

jAlso, to NOT install the game to the regular spot (C/ProgarmFiles) ALL 1stGens on late model machines should be installed to the ROOT of C/ (C:/WOV, etc). Otherwise, they're in the protected region of your HD, and NOT editable.

That's all I can tell ya! You're on you own and Good Luck!

No, it was about FS2. The link is to the Gen 1 forum because that's the only post I could find about adding weapons. SF2 works the same as SF1 .... if I recall well.

Weapons packs .... it's not so clear if they are complete ........ 

I  downloaded yesterday these two : 

Should I just put it in the Weapons folder in my Mod Folder and nothing else ?

(There are no instructions)

Edited by EagleRaptor

Just put the folders in the Weapons folder in Objects, it's literally drop and use.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EagleRaptor said:

No, it was about FS2. The link is to the Gen 1 forum because that's the only post I could find about adding weapons. SF2 works the same as SF1 .... if I recall well.

I don't have much experience with SF1 content, but apparently it uses one big weaponsdata.ini file which stores the data for existing weapons. You have to add new lines to it to activate new stuff.

SF2 supports individual data files in folders, so you just put new folders into the general weapons folder

11 hours ago, EagleRaptor said:

Thank you.

I remembered  some sort of complex procedure ...... well, good.

Yeah as OlWilly mentioned above you have to do the weapon editor procedure for SF1. SF2 you can still use it, but you can modify the _data.ini somewhat without the Editor to get what you want without having to open the Weapon Editor and saving and all that.

Yeah SF2 changed a lot of things up for the game and how the files are handled. You can still use the weapon editor for SF2, as for some things I do need it, but overall I just drop and play, and so on.