Hello all!  After getting inti First Eagles 2 again, I've been confounded by 2 issues;

1) I can't get any of the Nieuport 17 aircraft in the download sections to appear in First Eagles 2 with the Lewis gun!  It just isn't there.  I've read some posts about this phenomenon but nothing seems to work!

2) I've downloaded some effects packages for gun tracers and smoke and it appears that they only work in the original First Eagles.

I'd really appreciate it If any of you who have the above working in FE2 can point out some solutions.

Cheers! 

Sophocles

can't speak to the aircraft issue, but check the effect statements for the guns and smoke. FE2 and SF2 use a different shader than 1st Gens

something like this:

[SmokeMaterial]
EffectShaderName=effectLightLevel.fx   <--- added new.

[FireMaterial]
EffectShaderName=effectFire.fx   <----
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

extract a stock effect ini, and you should be able to see the differences in the statements, and do a simple copy/past of those effects Materials

• Thanks 1

you just take that .fx line, and stick it in the Material section ....

(this is from a different effect, you'll get the idea...)

[SmokeMaterial]
EffectShaderName=effectLightLevel.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE
IgnoreRenderOrder=FALSE
AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE
LightEnabled=FALSE
UseLightLevel=TRUE
SpecularEnabled=FALSE
EmissiveEnabled=FALSE
AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
ZBufferOffset=0.000000
PriorityLevel=3
BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA
NumTextureStages=1
TextureStage[01].TextureName=smoke.tga
TextureStage[01].MipMap=FALSE
TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE
TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE
TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

this one is form one of the millions of 20mm guns ... you can see the .fx line at the top. just copy/past that into your existing one

[MuzzleMaterial]
EffectShaderName=twColor1.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE
IgnoreRenderOrder=FALSE
AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE
LightEnabled=FALSE
UseLightLevel=FALSE
SpecularEnabled=FALSE
EmissiveEnabled=FALSE
AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
ZBufferOffset=2.000000
PriorityLevel=3
BlendOp=BLEND_INV_SRC_ALPHA_ADD_SRC
NumTextureStages=1
TextureStage[01].TextureName=WP_muzzleflash.tga
TextureStage[01].MipMap=FALSE
TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE
TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE
TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

i've done it lots of time, bringing 1stGen stuff into SF2.

I think this might be a start for you to solve the Lewis guns issue. 

Regarding item 1, looks to me like a problem with the DATA file/Loadout ini, related to the Lewis guns. Because you can't see them.
Check one by one the editions where the machine guns appear in your DATA file and also in Loadout ini file. Also check if in the DATA/Loadout files, the name
of the Lewis gun It's the same one you have in your "Guns" & "Weapons" folders. Several of the Nieuports that have the Lewis gun on top of the wings have
this issue. Some of them do not have in their original 3D LODs the Lewis guns. They use the Lewis from a third party work that you find in the "Guns" &
"Weapons" folders of  your game. 

LEWIS GUNS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JulioJunqueira said:

Regarding item 1, looks to me like a problem with the DATA file/Loadout ini, related to the Lewis guns. Because you can't see them.

Hello Julio, this is what prompted me to look into the problem.  I realized that the lewis gun was used as weapon station since it had both entries in the data.ini and the loadout.ini.  This then made me experiment by placing the Lewisgun folder (lewis01) into the weapons folder instead of in the guns folder (where it was by default) and that did the trick as well as renaming the entry in the loadouts,ini from " 303CAL_LEWIS_MK2"  into  "lewis01" with the station ID matching the one in the [centerWingStation] in the data.ini.

All thst was left to do was to adjust the AttachmentPosition of the gun and the ejection entries because the gun wasn't sitting right.  

What a nightmare!!  If I had seen your post earlier it would have saved me quite a few hours, but thankyou so very much for looking so deeply into the problem and setting up your schematic!  :good::drinks:

• Like 2