Charles13

How i can install correctly the mod??

Hello everyone
I don't know if this is the right thread to write this (if not tell me where) I just started in Strike Fighters and when I saw that mods could be installed I downloaded a Su-27 today and when I unzipped the RAR I saw that there were 3 folders for Objects, effects and Sound inside the objects folder there were another 5 folders which are Aircraft, decals, guns, Pilots and weapons I managed to put the Aircraft from the Aircraft folder in the game and the only thing inside appears that it has no external sound or decals on the outside so I would like to know how to install the decals, guns, pilots and weapons in addition to the effects and sound folders I have tried to search for videos on YouTube and they are all very confusing if it could be a step by step tutorial I would appreciate it

thanks in advance

my guess is that the Flanker mod had a crappy read me, that didn't include proper install instructions.

They should go something like this ....

Copy/Paste the /Objects folder DIRECTLY into the SF2 game install of choice's /Objects folder. It's already divided into the /Aircraft and /Decals sub-folders.
Copy/Paste the supplied /Sounds folder DIRECTLY over you existing /Sounds folder. As you may have these sounds already, you'll asked to "Overwrite?" , just say yes. It'll change nothing.

Now, a lot of times, expecially for a first time mod installl, many of the subfulders my not exist. IF the download is properly set up, with the necessary folder (NOT within the /Objects folder), like /Effects, /Sounds, etc simply drop THOSE folders into the mod folder.

You can see in the image below, the various folders WITHIN the mods folder (C:\Users\*YourName*\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2)

feel free to ask any other questions -- we're here to help!!

locations.jpg

50 minutes ago, Wrench said:

my guess is that the Flanker mod had a crappy read me, that didn't include proper install instructions.

They should go something like this ....

Now, a lot of times, expecially for a first time mod installl, many of the subfulders my not exist. IF the download is properly set up, with the necessary folder (NOT within the /Objects folder), like /Effects, /Sounds, etc simply drop THOSE folders into the mod folder.

You can see in the image below, the various folders WITHIN the mods folder (C:\Users\*YourName*\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2)

feel free to ask any other questions -- we're here to help!!

locations.jpg

Is this Mod ifyou ask what mod is