Jump to content

Chugster

ROOKIE
  • Posts

    161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chugster

  1. I just tweaked the ini and got them back, so that is one issue sorted..just need to work out why the Flanker cockpit has weird spinny things that spin faster with more throttle (no spinny thing on the Mig-29 cockpit)...and why the F-117 cockpit frame goes green when i select an LGB
  2. One more thing Ive just noticed, after I downloaded the TMF RAF Phantoms (both K & M), none of them have the Skyflash missile anymore, instead they have a RN Sea Flash, how do i get my Skyflash's back?
  3. Oh and 2 more i just found, F-117 mode has parts of the cockpit turn green when you turn on the radar or LGB? And the cockpit of the SU-27 seems to have 2 odd rotating cylinders just under the HUD. I am assuming these arent meant to be like this?
  4. Ive just installed the Desert Storm mod and was wondering if the AH-64 can actually hover? Only it seems to operating like a really slow plane Secondly, on the Eurofighter (and presumably other 5th gen) when you select a weapon the left mfd and centre mfd change, the left goes from fuel to weapon status and the centre goes from a terrain map to just a compass, is there a way to 'unselect' a weapon to get those screens back?
  5. Hmm, will have to look at my TARGET software, not done too much with it yet but this now gives me a reason
  6. yup, found some tutorials for how to fly but i cant seem to work out how to bind commands to my HOTAS, ive set up the control axis but cant see how you assign other controls like weapon select and targeting etc...am i missing something?
  7. Failing an EECH tutorial can anyone recommend a game/sim that has a decent training program? I have Take On Helicopters/ARMA 3 and Gunship and EECH installed right now
  8. So I just discovered this mod and I loaded it up but I have no idea how to fly these machines and I couldnt find a tutorial on youtube so I hoped someone could link me to one?
  9. So I just discovered this mod and I loaded it up but I have no idea how to fly these machines and I couldnt find a tutorial on youtube so I hoped someone could link me to one?
  10. Oh wow...that is perfect, thank you
  11. SO i tried a little google fu to try and find a set of images showing all the cockpits of the various F-4 Phantom models but whilst i found lots of pictures i found nothing labeled clearly or all in one place. So I was hoping someone here know of an aviation photo archive/website that would have this (and other aricraft). I am really enjoying the mods for SF2 and am looking forward to MSFS and DCS getting some nice Phantoms but i really want to be able to see just how accurate their cockpits (and other details) are
  12. I figured it was a US bird, I completely fell in love with that silouhette. And I do love the 'Fighting Cocks'...I bought a book in my teenage years about a pilot who flew FG1s in 43rd out of Leuchars (Robert Prest)...very good read if you like Phantoms Unfortunately, being a southerner I never saw a Phantom fly...only started going to Airshows after it retired...just hoping they get one of the ones at Duxford flying at some point
  13. I was just wondering if anyoen had any hi res versions of these two pictures. They are from the first aircraft book I got as a child called 'Pictorial History of Aircraft' by David Mondey. These 2 pictures are what made me fall in love with the PHantom and I would love some better quality versions: Oh and if anyone knows exactly what model the one in the first pic is that would be amazing
  14. That was it, the INI file for the affected bird was missing a line of avionics, so i copied the missing line from the working birds and its fine now...radar working I'm slowly starting to see how this game works...cheers
  15. Even stranger, one of the TMF FG.1s (the navy one) is fine, its just the 2 RAF FG.1s with the issue...very odd Oh and I will try those terrain mods...cheers
  16. Is there a guide on how to add carriers to custom missions in Vietnam? Only my google fu has left me and I am not even sure what files i should be editing or how?
  17. Oh and to save making another post, what are the best HD terrain replacements for the default terrains? I had a quick look on the file section but wasnt sure if I should be looking at the tilesets or full terrains? Plus i couldnt see anything for Vietnam
  18. I bought the TW F-4K to ensure that when i downloaded the TMF mod everything would work ok but I have an odd issue, all the TW FG1s are fine, the TMF Royal Navy FG1 is fine but the 2 RAF TMF FG1s have something wrong with their radars, when you load in to the game the green grid line are already there on the radar screen and I cant turn the radar on or off. All the TW and TMF FGR2s are also fine so does anyone know what caused this? The readme file didnt mention any specifics aside from owning the original TW dlc (which i do) so I am not sure where i went wrong.
  19. That worked, deleted, remapped and all was fine...not sure why it works this time and not when i reinstalled it as i deleted the saves folder before i reinstalled. As you say...WTF auto remap...still...back to the skies :P
  20. Ok so what do i need to have multiples of, the install folder or the 'saves' folder? And if its the latter how do you get the game to see different 'save' folders? I will give it a day or two to see if anyone can help me fix this...but if not I will try a 2nd reinstall and see what happens.
  21. I just want to fix my game...do you have any ideas?
  22. Ok I went to my recycle bin to find my old controls ini file, restored it and the controls in the options menu were all 'unassigned'...I restored the 'broken' file and they are all back but they still dont match in flight Why doesnt the inflight control mapping match the one in the option menu (and control ini file)?
  23. Yeah, next time I certainly will next time i reinstall. Now I just need to work out why most of my controls dont match what I mapped them to...never seen anything like this in a game before
  24. Sir, I have been posting on boards for almost 20 years and the one thing that annoys me most is when people come into a thread where a question is asked and either don't read it properly, ask a redundant question or post a useless comment. Trust me that was a statement of truth and nothing else. To paraphrase... 'If you ain't got anything useful to say, say nothing' I apologise if I caused offence but I have no time for unhelpful posts in a thread where I have a probkem
  25. I did remap...but some of the controls when actually in flight don't match what I just mapped them to...i.e the button I mapped 'radar on' to actually turned on ecm. But the buttons mapped flaps and gear are fine.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..