Jump to content

Chugster

ROOKIE
  • Posts

    161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chugster

  1. Are any of the other flyable aircraft at the same level of fidelity as the original F-16? Also is Dogfight the only mode you can fly other aircraft?
  2. Oh I know that, but IMO a physical book on your lap/desk is easier to look through than a PDF on a screen somewhere. Its a shame as I remember everyone going on about how good that manual was.
  3. SO I am re-buying some of the old big box PC games of the 90s and Falcon 4.0 is on that list but I wondered if the manual would still be relevant to BMS? I.e. are the default key binds the same and other stuff like that?
  4. So its a faff what ever way i look at it? Ok thanks for the info, as I said I found a copy of DI's FA-18E, we will see how that goes...I wanted to get a taste of he FA-18 without having to shell out £50+ for the DCS version and prepping myself for the task of learning that module. I only mentioned USAF as it and Navy Fighters 97 were the only Jane's sims I had back in the day
  5. One more thing, would i have an easier time with these games from around the millenium if I ran a virtual OS of 98 or XP? If so is there a good free VM program?
  6. Ok I am just going to forget this for now, I found a very cheap copy of DI's F/a-18E Super Hornet on ebay so I will wait to see if that works before I try again with these 2 Jane's sims...I do have FA, F-15 and Longbow 2 to keep me occupied. Just a shame as I never had an F18 sim of any sort
  7. and how to you patch it on FA18, you cant change the path? I am now very confused, I have a 1.02 patch, tackleberrys patch, neither of which worked for USAF, and no idea how to add them to FA18 as they both have USAF in them
  8. aah fuck it, that broke USAF, wont even start now Edit, hmm, ok, installed patch, added fix, but still USAF crashes at splash screen
  9. hmm is it the same patch for both games?
  10. can you link it? Only found the USAF one, which doesnt work for USAF...get splash screen and crash
  11. Yeah that worked, I managed to install it and run it but i have no sound and it crashed when i tried to fly
  12. Yup tried that...I dont get an error message, I just get nothing, just an egg timer for a few seconds then nothing, the setup application is visible in the task manager but just sits there using 3mb of ram and nothing else Tried it on both my new and older (win10) pcs as well, dont have any older PCs to try. Ideally I could find someone who has installed it and can upload their install folder somewhere...maybe I can use that.
  13. Thanks for that, trouble is that is for running the game, I cant even do the first line where it says install
  14. So i am on a bit of a retro kick (as mention in an earlier post) and want to buy some of those old PC sims I either had or wanted, the big box, chunky manual versions, so I am willing to buy the games but only if i know they work so I am getting ISOs from abandonware sites to try before i buy. Now, Janes Fighters Anthology, Longbow 2 and F-15 installed fine but the later games, F/A-18 and USAF wont even launch the setup.exe, a bit of research seems to indicate I am out of luck if I cant use an earlier version of windows. Setting compatability didnt help. seems late 90's and early 00's windows games are the worst to get running. If anyone knows how to get this working on recent versions of Win10 or has an installed game folder I can borrow please let me know.
  15. So I am getting on a bit of a retro gaming thing and am buying old sims from the 90s/00s and I wanted to get an F/A-18 sim but there are quite a few and i am not sure what to go with, I remember Janes FA-18 and FA-18 Korea but a google search found more, FA-18 3.0, FA-18E Super Hornet, Carrier Strike Fighter IFA-18 and FA-18 Precision Strike Fighter. Is there one that most would agree was the best? Kinda leaning towards the Jane's one right now.
  16. So I decided to get P3d so I can fly the Simworks Phantom and I got and installed the freeware USS Nimitz but I have no idea how to set it as the start location Also how to i set it so i have to fully start the aircraft?
  17. Does anyone know what the real world A10C has on the throttle where TM put that stupid mouse nipple? I just got the replacement unit and was wondering what the real plane has there?
  18. That worked perfectly...thanks
  19. So i have the NA module and if I use any US Navy plane it lets me launch from a Nimitz-style carrier but when i choose the F-4K it puts me on the HMS Invincible, which isnt ideal as launch is ok but I dont think the Invicible has hook wires for a carrier landing. I am pretty sure its just an ini tweak but I have no idea what ini
  20. So I've been playing with the 2 DLC phantoms, K and N, and noticed that both have engine smoke...something their upgraded engines should not have. Is there a quick ini fix to sort this?
  21. aah yeah, that is better...cheers
  22. Firstly, is there a guide for creating missions? For example I want to creat free flight missions or set up a Bear/Badger intercept off the north coast of Scotland. Secondly, I was just flying low level through the Scottish Highlands and the speed felt very slow, more like I was flying a prop plane rather than a jet...is there anything I can do to speed things up?
  23. So I would like to fly from carriers in 'Nam and desert (both vanilla and Operation Desert Storm). Can anyone give me a step by step on how to get them in single missions?
  24. Really? Then why doesnt the DCS SU27 have this feature?
  25. Aha...perfect...thanks
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..