oops...the title should be "Decal ProB". I'm starting to spell like Dave....

----------

As one can see in the attached screenies, on the left side, the tail band/code is perfect. Whislt on the right, the 'hump' dont get no color!

Below is an excerpt from the decals ini ... I can't see any reason why it don't show. X/Y are the same, facing is correct... :dntknw: Ideas?

[Decal010]

MeshName=vertical_stabilizer

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=EF-4c\67thTFS\D\TAILR

Position=-5.05,1.2

Rotation=0.0

Scale=5.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal011]

MeshName=vertical_stabilizer

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=EF-4c\67thTFS\D\TAILL

Position=-5.05,1.2

Rotation=0.0

Scale=5.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal012]

MeshName=rudder

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=EF-4c\67thTFS\D\TAILR

Position=-5.05,1.2

Rotation=0.0

Scale=5.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal013]

MeshName=rudder

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=EF-4c\67thTFS\D\TAILL

Position=-5.05,1.2

Rotation=0.0

Scale=5.25

DecalMaxLOD=3

all the mesh names seem to be correct. Taken right from the stock F-4C_67 decals ini!!! (shoot, even the decal itself is a reworked original F4 tail!) Hell, I even finally got the ER-142 in it's correct place after 7 years!! :good:

The other alternative, would be to get ahold of a template for it, and paint the thing on, which I don't want to do in case someone decides to do up the Euro based units. (easier to make a new decal, than a whole skin map!

TIA!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench
attempted spelling correction

I am working on all Phantom users post vietnam using similar logic (all refer to a F4_Black folder for Euro 1 and SEA Wraparound) and have the exact same prob. i keep thinkin about mppd's Loran F-4D's in the gen 1 d/l section they have blister "covers" for that area but i haven't tried it out yet. to busy renumbering my Phantom decals every time a new patch or NF4+ patch comes out:grin: still nice to know i'm not a complete idiot on why i cant get that to look right

nice Wild Weasel IV btw only other user i recall is the 81st TFW up until they upgraded to the F-4G, maybe a couple at George AFB for training

Edited by daddyairplanes

Are you using the same decal for both sides Kevin?

no, there's a right and a left (TailR, TailL)

wrench

kevin stein

what is that blister? I found a mesh called rwr_tail .........I'm not a F-4 expert....so its a shot in the dark for me.

hoot! looks like Champ found it! AND .. found us a new bug!! here's a stock C_67, with the stock decal. Does the same thing as mine

also had to get rid of the ER142 .. noticed the little 'antena' bits on the tail were 18 in BELOW the tailcone, and the pylon section was all kinds off. Well, I tried!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

1 hows that rwr_tail mesh fit in on the decal.ini? and 2 anyone told Dave so he can add this to the bug list

3 having looked at the skins for the 'C_67 it has the rwr antenea on the brake chute housing in back stock. if your using antenea for the ER-142 why not use the stock ones instead. if that is stock then time to ask WTF

Edited by daddyairplanes