About This File
The State of Israel provides very few medals even to his bravest soldiers. Three in all are actually attributed, which are all included as stock in SF1:Wings over Israel or SF2:Israel. Additionally, they are scarcely awarded, and almost never seen on the chests even of the best aces of the Israeli Air Force. The few ribbons that could be seen there were mostly awarded for participation in a given campaign, not for exceptional feats, honorable wounds, or exemplary long service.
This mod makes these campaign ribbons available; they will allow you to keep a track of the campaigns during which your pilot has flown even just a handful of missions. Moreover, I have included as well the badges for command citations that could be granted for special feats. A devoted panel of decorations has been created for each of the following selected periods when Israel was fighting an open war or undeclared hostilities. You shall just have to upload the correct panel before beginning a campaign. Citations have been arranged to restitute the fact that no medals actually existed before 1973.
Eight periods covered:
- War of Independence 1948-49
- Sinai Campaign 1956
- Interwar 1956-67
- Six-Day War 1967
- Interwar 1967-73
- Yom Kippur War 1973
- Interwar 1973-82 (also works for 21st Century what-if campaigns)
- Operation Peace for Galilee 1982
Changes in the June 2012 update:
- New panel added for the War of Independence (campaign existing for SF2:Israel)
- New lowest level of citation added in all panels (brigade commander citation), inducing some changes in the awards' criteria and precedence; citations rewritten accordingly
- Modified AwardScreen for SF2:Israel
Changes in the February 2015 update:
- French translation now included for all of the awards' names and citations. If you chose an installation of the game in French, just overwrite the relevant folders with those enclosed in the "French" folder.