About This File
This package includes every variant of the Ticonderoga class Aegis cruisers, including:
- CG-47 Baseline 1 (Mk26 twin arm launcher)
- CG-52 Baseline 2 (Mk41 VLS)
- CG-59 Baseline 3&4 (improved sensors and weapons)
- CG-52_06 (first round of modernization refits circa 2006)
- CG-52_12 (final Cruiser Conversion Program refits, starting 2012)
Naturally, all sounds, decals, weapons, ship name and number lists are included. The CG-52 and CG-59 variants are further divided into air defense and land attack versions, armed with Standard Missiles and Tomahawks respectively. Each of the air defense ships also comes with two different data.ini files: the default, which uses a true VLS weapon system (albeit one missile and one target at a time and disables the Harpoon missiles), and a data_EX.ini version, which enables multiple simultaneous engagements and is almost as deadly as its real life counterpart. Use whichever one you like, depending on if you prefer realistic visuals or realistic performance.
The Ticonderoga has always been my "flagship" project (pun intended), and so I've updated the models using everything I've learned in the year since I started modding. I've also added a small Easter Egg for those of you who want to try a helicopter takeoff from from this ship.
Note: The weapon systems, collision mesh, and decals have been updated for compatibility with SF2: North Atlantic and the March 2012 patch. If you have not installed/do not plan to install either, this model will not work properly. See the readme file for full details.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or constructive criticisms regarding this model, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
What's New in Version 3.55
- 2012/11/03 Adjustments to bushmaster guns (2006 and 2012 models only)
- 2012/10/24 Cosmetic updates (rigging, new gun barrels), significant weapon updates, new sound effects
- 2012/06/09 Initial release