About This File
Wings Over Europe
This Patch contains all the fixes from previous patch, and it can
be applied to any version of Wings Over Europe.
If you have installed any mods to the game, please be sure to manually
back them up prior to applying this patch. Patch will delete any
files that have been changed.
Any mods that replaces stock data files (such as F-15A or A-10A add-on)
will have to be reinstalled after the patch.
List of changes in this Patch include:
* Support for TrackIR 6-DOF Vector Expansion has been added.
* New Graphics Option, Water Detail, has been added. On video card
with Pixel Shader 2.0 or higher, water will be animated when this
option is set to HIGH.
* On video card with Pixel Shader 2.0 or higher, terrain texture has
more detailed bump map applied when Terrain Details setting is set
* Cockpit mirror textures have been darkened so they're not bright
white when Mirror Option is turned OFF.
* F-15A's inner wing pylons have been repositioned to a more correct
* Campaign game have been made more stable.
* Essex-class carrier no longer cause the game to crash in
some WOV single missions.
* Heads-up-Display not showing properly on Easy Avionics
have been fixed.
* Easy Avionics radar has a new and improved look.
* Additional support for display with different aspect ratio,
such as 5:4 aspect ratio common with LCD monitors, has been
* Last two French squadrons starting campaign from a base not
on the map has been fixed.
* Acquire Radar Target key now allows you to visually lock on to target
without line-of-sight checks.
* Texture Skin sample on Loadout Screen correctly updates when selecting
new texture set now.
* Object .ini files are correcly updated based on TextureSet.ini file
located in individual texture folder.
* RWR sound getting cut off on some aircraft has been fixed.
* MiG-23M and MiG-27 data has been tweaked.