malibu43 Posted yesterday at 02:50 AM Posted yesterday at 02:50 AM Hey guys. Long time no see. I’ve just re-installed my big, modded, combined SF2 install that I backed up several years ago, as my 15 yr old son has taken an interest in flying around and shooting at things. My combined install was always focussed on limiting things up to the early 80’s as that’s where I think this sim is best suited. I noticed that the F-5E he asked me to install (as well as some stock aircraft) allow you to select single mission dates well past that, depending on service years for that particular aircraft. This gets weird if you elect to fly a mission in the mid 2000’s in the F-5E with no red opposition installed that covers that date range. Remind me what’s the easiest way to limit the available years for an entire SF2 install? Is it to go into each terrain and adjust the available years? Or is there one .ini somewhere that dictates flyable years for the entire install?
malibu43 Posted yesterday at 03:06 AM Author Posted yesterday at 03:06 AM Interesting... I've found this in options.ini. But the end year seems to not have any effect...? Quote [SingleMission] AircraftType=F-15A Service=USAF MissionMap=VIETNAMSEA MissionType=ESCORT MissionTime=RANDOM MissionWeather=RANDOM AirActivity=RANDOM AirDefenseActivity=RANDOM FlyAll=FALSE LoadMission=FALSE LoadMissionFilename=C:\Users\gregg_000\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Missions\A-6A Intruder Air Defense Suppression 1.MSN MissionDate=1995 StartYear=1948 EndYear=1982 EditMission=FALSE
daddyairplanes Posted 18 hours ago Posted 18 hours ago the end year there affects aircraft iirc and stock terrains that dont normally have inis in the public you do need to adjust the terrains for each install as well, or they can shoot past your main limit
malibu43 Posted 14 hours ago Author Posted 14 hours ago 3 hours ago, daddyairplanes said: the end year there affects aircraft iirc and stock terrains that dont normally have inis in the public you do need to adjust the terrains for each install as well, or they can shoot past your main limit Got it. I only have 4 terrains installed, so no big deal to edit those 4 files. Thanks! 1
Flanker562 Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 35 minutes ago, malibu43 said: Got it. I only have 4 terrains installed, so no big deal to edit those 4 files. Thanks! As long as you've been on here and only four? Do you not play SF2? Seriously I have to agree, it's not that bad with only four terrains though. I got like a lot and yeah I'd be like "Damn... Gotta do it." 3
daddyairplanes Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago now now, dont judge him for only 4 terrains. my vietnam install only has two, north and south vietnam the shortest of my 15 installs you do at least have a dozen installs, right malibu?
malibu43 Posted 9 hours ago Author Posted 9 hours ago (edited) 4 hours ago, Flanker562 said: As long as you've been on here and only four? Do you not play SF2? Seriously I have to agree, it's not that bad with only four terrains though. I got like a lot and yeah I'd be like "Damn... Gotta do it." 31 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said: now now, dont judge him for only 4 terrains. my vietnam install only has two, north and south vietnam the shortest of my 15 installs you do at least have a dozen installs, right malibu? Over the years, I have had so many installs and gone through so many iterations of what I wanted to get out of SF2! I've had SF2 uninstalled completely for several years and have not been simming at all. I took my son and two other teenage boys to the Miramar Air Show last weekend, and he came home asking for me to set up all my old flight sim stuff. So I've reinstalled a backed-up generic "SF2 plus" install I had that tries to keep the spirit and simple content of the base game with mostly terrain/environment/effect updates for immersion. For now, I'm going to try to stick with just that one install (famous last words...). I got track my old trackIR 4 working and setup a profile for the T-Flight HOTAS One we have for the XBOX... It's been a fun trip down memory lane for sure! And also somehow my son came home from the airshow declaring that the F-5 is his "favorite plane". Not sure how that happened after watching F-35's and F-18's rip holes in the sky all day. But I'll take it. Edited 9 hours ago by malibu43 3
Flanker562 Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago I had a Hotas X then graduated to the HOTAS One myself, it's a good stick, if a little clunky, but I'm sold on it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now