Sign in to follow this  
Dude27

saw the interview with SimHQ : are there REAL screenshots?

I love this future sim more and more... the sense of immersion will be incredible specially if you get these whole fantastic features together (graphics, dynamics, life, and physics) which is the opposite of the sim market today : big bucks to produce good graphics but no soul at all at the end.

one word though, I'm professional graphic designer myself and it seems to me that some of your screenshots are composited in the Simhq interview... I think that to debunk me, you should release some little videos showing the sort of action we get in those incredible shots ;) or is it composited to give a glimpse of what JT will be ? what I am thinking this? it just because they are so advanced from what you regularly "feed" us until now.... :)

anyway, I truly think you go the right way in doing this very accurate depiction of the Malvinas/Malouines/Falkands conflict, please, stay focused on your goal to deliver this future diamond.

By the way, Thanks for 2007 release, it will give me time to play "Oblivion" (like your own game, the most exiting piece of code that I ever saw IMHO) in 2006... :biggrin:

Edited by Dude27

...or is it composited to give a glimpse of what JT will be ? what I am thinking this? it just because they are so advanced from what you regularly "feed" us until now.... :)

As soon as my new machine is up and running I will feed people here with videos, first one showing the Pucara hunting that AI Gazelle helicopter around Mount Kent. Nothing composed there, only the sky textures have been used our good old overcast one (seem also here) but improved in a way that have the overcast mixed with a couple of actual volumetric clouds here and there - causing that nice overall effect. The helicopter rotor effect is here already, and the new terrain you guys already saw in action, in various videos. Only problems I have with Pucara now that will look ugly in a video, is that looking to the sides you can't see the wings and propellers like it should be, and the guns are messed too (its using gun firing positions from Harrier, all programming overlooks).

I would show a video of the Avro Vulcan bombing too but it would look quite odd :) Since the programming didn't allowed yet for proper bomb bays in planes, that Vulcan was exported into the JT engine with the bomb bay opened and a few bombs, err, positioned just out of the bomb bay door. But it IS JT 3D engine anyway, you can see that the lighting is all messy because the programming didn't implemented day-night cicle too and what I did to look like the dawn bombing of 1st May 1982? Imported into the engine a darker sky texture with dark dawn clouds. Works, and the best for the public, when the day-night cicles are programmed properly and I can polish the sky textures accordingly, it will look far better than that screenshot (because the scene lighting will be changed accordingly, by programming - changind position of sun in 3D world).

anyway, I truly think you go the right way in doing this very accurate depiction of the Malvinas/Malouines/Falkands conflict, please, stay focused on your goal to deliver this future diamond.

Thanks! Hopefully this year all of this will be completely ready/playable in a demo.

By the way, Thanks for 2007 release, it will give me time to play "Oblivion" (like your own game, the most exiting piece of code that I ever saw IMHO) in 2006... :biggrin:

Elders Scrolls: Oblivion? That one looks gorgeous indeed!

Edited by Dante-JT