Sign in to follow this  
Guest zerocinco

dirty exhaust

Guest zerocinco

Where is the DirtyExhaust emitter hiding?

Where is the DirtyExhaust emitter hiding?

It's up your tail-pipe! Sorry...couldn't resist :biggrin:

Guest zerocinco

I just left that one sitting there, I guess.

No jet wash, prop wash or rotor wash jokes please. :rofl: Sorry Gruppe I see it coming. :ph34r: CL

Guest zerocinco

Okay. I found it. PARTICLESYSTEM.INI.

I was hoping someone could tell me how to write an emitter. I want it to do about what the DirtyExhaust does but white smoke and a lot more of it. I'd like to avoid a lot of trial and error.

(You see, I spend a whole day making 4 C-130's pretend to be Ranchhand 123's spraying a forest. The forest is decorated with guns that must all be popped by the local F4C's before the sprayers pass by. Having a player pretend that a 130...a great airplane...is a 123...a POS...is one thing but not having any spray coming out is too much of a leap.)

Thus, the white smoke.

Make a copy of the emitter rename it to say DirtyExhaustEmitter2 ( just for an example ) go into your c-130 data.ini and change to that emitter in the engine sections.

You will also need to make a new tga for the emitter to see or use one that already looks white smoke. Change that entry in the new emitter.ini for your texture material.

Holy shyte I sound like I know what i'm doing..... somebody stop me please!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :alcoholic:

Guest zerocinco

I can do the renaming bit. What I can't do is create white smoke. All I can do is use the creations of talented people to make monsters.

I can do the renaming bit. What I can't do is create white smoke. All I can do is use the creations of talented people to make monsters.

can you use something like the air show smoke??? Just a thought.

Yea just make a copy and rename it to what you want.

Guest zerocinco

I know I can rename the code but how do I CHANGE the code where it comes out white?

I know I can rename the code but how do I CHANGE the code where it comes out white?

Thats where the new tga takes over... the emitter has to look at the tga you give it.

And as far as I know you can't toggle it on or off in the game.... is that what your asking???

Edited by Sidewinder86

Why not just use the same TGA that the contrail emitter uses?

Hey zerocinco, I think I might have found the beginning of what you're looking for. Is it something along the lines of this....

img00086.jpg

img00088.jpg

This is the airshowemitter from the A-Team's red arrows gnat T1. I've just changed the colour settings so it will appear white. Making it bigger and more of it is not a problem and also if you want forward moment on the emitted effect thats easy to do too.

Jim

Hey zerocinco, I think I might have found the beginning of what you're looking for. Is it something along the lines of this....

img00086.jpg

img00088.jpg

This is the airshowemitter from the A-Team's red arrows gnat T1. I've just changed the colour settings so it will appear white. Making it bigger and more of it is not a problem and also if you want forward moment on the emitted effect thats easy to do too.

Jim

Damn, almost as good as chasing a B & E man East between the houses...I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Guest Saganuay82

While you guys are adding white smoke how about adding some pilots into those pits?

While you guys are adding white smoke how about adding some pilots into those pits?

done that in mine :cool:

Guest zerocinco

Yep. Try this instead. Then figure out a way that I can get them to turn it off at the end of the forest. Oh hell, it's Agent Orange and Vietnam. Let 'em pollute.

Don't think anyone will change their C130 for just one mission. Maybe I ugly it up and call it a C130b. Anyway. it's a fun mission. Think of the VC as the Sierra Club.

[EmitterType287]

Name=WhiteSmokeEmitter

EmissionType=POINT_EMITTER

UpdateType=NON_MOVING

MaxVisibleDistance=18000.000000

EmissionRate=0.015

EmissionVolume=0.01,0.01,0.01

EmissionVelocityTableType=CONSTANT

EmissionVelocity=0.0,0.0,0.0

EmissionVelocityDeviation=0.0

ParticleUpdateType=SIMPLE_POINT

ParticleRenderType=SPRITE

ParticleRandomOrientation=TRUE

ParticleLifeTime=100.000000

ParticleLifeTimeDeviation=0.5

ParticleWeight=-0.3

ParticleRandomness=0.03

ParticleDragFactor=1.00

ParticleInheritence=1.0

ParticleWindFactor=0.4

ParticleColorTableType=TABLE

ParticleColor[01].Time=0.000000

ParticleColor[01].Value=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,0.000000

ParticleColor[02].Time=0.005000

ParticleColor[02].Value=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,0.100000

ParticleColor[03].Time=0.02000

ParticleColor[03].Value=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,0.800000

ParticleColor[04].Time=0.1000

ParticleColor[04].Value=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,0.200000

ParticleColor[05].Time=1.000000

ParticleColor[05].Value=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,0.000000

ParticleSizeTableType=TABLE

ParticleSize[01].Time=0.000000

ParticleSize[01].Value=0.800000

ParticleSize[02].Time=0.01000

ParticleSize[02].Value=0.800000

ParticleSize[03].Time=0.500000

ParticleSize[03].Value=50.000000

ParticleSize[04].Time=1.000000

ParticleSize[04].Value=100.000000

TextureMaterial=SmokeTrailMaterial

Guest zerocinco

Could you take a look at the emitter I posted and give me a guess how to make it appear to disappate? Is "weight" a simulated gravity function of a thickness of the image? If you want, I'll send you the .msn file and you can watch it. It's not TOO much of a waste of time.