Sign in to follow this  

With the help of some other SFP1 simmers I have finally found this weapon rack. Its a twin bomb rack that loads the two weapons side-by-side as seen in many Hornet pictures. The lod file had the bmp file listed as a TER.jpg - I ran the HEX pgm and changed the line to TER.bmp and saved it as BRU57.lod. Still cannot get it to load/work with F-18A or GR3 Harrier? I've also added/changed applicable DATA.ini wing station entries and loadout.ini entries with no success.

"Please Help - Thanks"

Vr NIELS

open the weapondata.ini with the weaponeditor and make sure that on the BRU57 entry EXPORT, USN and UK are checked

Thanks Crusader for the reply/help fix. I have tried all avenues with the weapon editor also ie: changed the year of availability, checked USAF, USN, UK, NATO, made the rack exported etc. There is no entry for diameter or length for this weapon rack - Could that be the issue?

"Appreciate the response"

Vr NIELS

did you add "2BR" to the stations in the aircraft's data.ini ?

its BRU57 you need to add, 2BR gives you tandem bombs, I got it working on Harriers & RAF F-4's but cant get it on the FA-18 for the life of me.. :dntknw:

its BRU57 you need to add, 2BR gives you tandem bombs, I got it working on Harriers & RAF F-4's but cant get it on the FA-18 for the life of me.. :dntknw:

:sad: there's why I wanted it .... dang!!!!! :sad:

Hey Sundowner hows it going - wasn't sure if you frequented this forum or not - dumb assumption on my part. I know you've got better things to do, but could you please explain how you got it working on the GR3. As stated earlier I've renamed the .jpg, added BRU57 to the DATA.ini and loadout.ini, selected USN, USAF, UK, NATO in the weapon editor pgm for the unit. I've even tried to change the RAF to USAF in the GR3 Data.ini with no success???? "Appreciate the feedback/fix replies"

"Thanks" NIELS

NIELS, copy this into your GR3 loadout ini

[Attack]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=SNEB Rocket Pod

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=SNEB Rocket Pod

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=BL755

Loadout[03].Quantity=2

Loadout[03].RackType=BRU57

Loadout[04].WeaponType=BL755

Loadout[04].Quantity=2

Loadout[04].RackType=BRU57

Loadout[05].WeaponType=

Loadout[05].Quantity=

& this into your GR3 data ini [instead of your original entries]

[LeftWingStationInboard]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=3

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-1.9014,-1.04,-0.3845

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1200

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,CGR,FT,ARM,TER,LGB,EOGB,EOGR,BRU57

AttachmentType=NATO,USN,USAF

ModelNodeName=LeftWing_InnerPylon

PylonMass=108.9

PylonDragArea=0.03

FuelTankName=Tank100_SHg

[RightWingStationInboard]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=4

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=1.9014,-1.04,-0.3845

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1200

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,CGR,FT,ARM,TER,ECM,LGB,EOGB,EGOR,BRU57

AttachmentType=NATO,USN,USAF

ModelNodeName=RightWing_InnerPylon

PylonMass=108.9

PylonDragArea=0.03

FuelTankName=Tank100_SHg

try this & let me know how you get on.

Tried it Sundowner - "Partial JOY" - Got the Mk18 to load side-by-side on the TER, not the BRU57? The BL755s loaded one inside, one under like all the USAF/USN weapons. The BRU57 as shown in your picture of the GR3 with the BRU & BL755's does not load - only the TER. Tried removing TER from DATA.ini and then could only load one weapon each pylon = Very Frustrating!!!???

"Thanks for the data & loadout stuff - Much appreciated"

"Don't have much hair left on head to pull out - spent much time yesterday with this head ache - didn't get much air combat sim time - Sh!*ttt!!!"

Vr NIELS

Did you remove any mention of the TER from the loadout ini?.That was my problem on the F-4 ,once I got rid of all entries it showed up....still no luck with the FA-18 tho.

F4-bru57.jpg

Yep - removed all references to TER both DATA & Loadout ini's - No luck. Moved BRU57 to front of list for weapon types in your data info you forwarded with no effect? "Looks good on the RAF Rhino though - Thanks for your quick responses Sundowner" - "Apreciate anyother tweeks"

Vr NIELS

guys,

you have to add " 2BR" to the hornets

[LeftWingStationInboard]

[RightWingStationInboard]

[LeftWingStationOutboard]

[RightWingStationOutboard]

AllowedWeaponClass= lines .

BRU57 is just the type name of the rack, but it is a type "2BR" rack in the weapondata.ini, not a TER or MER type.

Crusader - appreciate your input on the 2BR, but that rack loads the bombs in tandem - one behind the other. The BRU57 rack is a twin lateral configuration with them side-by-side. Tried your suggestion and the bombs show up great in tandem. I know its "picky" but the BRU57 looks like a common rack on the Hornet and was depicted in a book called "Modern Air Combat" for the GR3. I would: and I guess others would like the flexibility of using the BRU57 if able. Just a desire given the great amount of weapons and load configuration options in this great sim!

"Thanks Again for the prompt feedback"

Vr NIELS

lol

nooooooo !!!

"2BR" is short for "Twin Bomb Rack, like "TER and MER for Triple and Multiple racks respectively.

with that now superbig weaponpack there are several types of the same rack, and yes, theres also a tandem rack (which is for the Jaguar ) ...

but....

the BRU57 rack is from the "2BR" rack type too....

so you have to add "2BR " to the hornet data ini (as I told you above),

then use the BRU57 entry in the hornet loadout.ini as decribed by sundowner above.

I use this BRU57 twin rack since it is in the pack, and never got any trouoble using it.

note :

since there are several twin bomb racks in the pack, its a good way to use the preset loadouts specified in the loadout.ini, if you decide to change the loadout manually then the game grabs the first twin bomb rack in line from the weapondata.ini, which could be (or is) another twin bomb rack and has the fitting attachment types/nation/export settings.

you can make the BRU57 rack first in priority for the hornet by moving it up the line with the weapon editor, so the game engine will use it first.

edit:

just to clear up the rack stuff :

to use bombs on an aircraft, the "AllowedWeaponClass=" line must have BOMB, TER, MER ,2BR entries. Thoose shorts (BOMB[for single bombs], TER, MER, 2BR) are hardcoded in the game engine (can be found in some of the .DLL's) and are used by the game to load the weapons. This are the RACK TYPES. you find it in the " RACK TYPE" section in the weapon editor.

There's also a name for the rack, which is in the "RACK DATA" section. It's in the field under "TYPE"

BRU57, TER, MER and 2BR are also TYPE names. (used in the loadout.ini )

thats why it's so confusing....sometimes...

Edited by Crusader

I did what crusader said and it worked.

WOW...this is making me go grey :grin: .Crusader is right on this, [on the Hornet at least] its taken a while for it to sink in but after adding 2BR to the allowed weapon classes & deleting the BRU57 bit I needed to set the attachment type to USN & bingo ...it worked.Strange thing is my Harriers or RAF F-4's had no reference to 2BR in the allowed wep classes but they still work.

NIELS if you're still struggling [with the harrier] try copying the BRU57 [-in the weapon editor] then call it BRU57uk & set the attachment types as UK,NATO, then make sure you harrier has 2BR in the allowed weapon class & NATO&UK as the atttachment types.....then in you loadout ini make sure the RackType=BRU57uk.

We WILL get this sorted...[even if it kills me] :biggrin:

Woot will add this in tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo

Just for info (hint, hint next weapons update) we called them VER's in the Hornet community. :yes:

Just to add to the immersion factor if you will. ;)

ahhhhsoo.......VER......ya know SW86....you are soooo confuuuusing :haha::search:

Vertical Ejector Rack eh :bye:

greetz

MoonJumper

:)

Sundowner,

I just checked the GR.3 data ini and the inboard stations already have the 2BR entry.....thats why it worked there from the start :)

The F-4M and FGR.MK2 dont, I wonder if you could get the BRu57 rack on the m too without editing the ini...

the weapondata.ini has a second version of the BRU57 rack, set up as a TLR (Triple Launch Rail) as a "stand-in" for a true smart bomb rack, so its possible that the FGR.MK2 can load LGB's on the inner wing stations with that rack...:)

it isn't confusing, isn't it :)

Edited by Crusader

Thanks guys, have to work late tonight but I'll give it a try when I get home. Apreciate your persistance.

Vr NIELS

You were right Crusader - 'Hal Laaa Loooo Ya"!!! Got the BRU57 on the GR3. Much apreciated, now I can resume puttin the hurt on the bad guys! Thanks very, very much to both you and Sundowner, had no idea what the move up function was for in the weapon editor pgm - now I know.

"You Guys ROCK"

Vr NIELS

ahhhhsoo.......VER......ya know SW86....you are soooo confuuuusing :haha::search:

Vertical Ejector Rack eh :bye:

:dntknw: Thats what they were called... can't remember if it was verticle.....

I know we stacked them that way for storage. :rofl: