Sign in to follow this  
Dave

TK Speaks about WON

Okay, I'll be able to say more in couple of weeks, but just a quick answers...

Yes, this is a new title using SFP1 engine. It is a "sequel" to the Wings Over Vietnam, in the same way WOV was a "sequel" to SFP1. It continues the evolution of the engine, expanding its capability _slightly_ (all of which will be available to SFP1/WOV in the next patch Smile ) and adding new contents (new player flyable planes this time around are our rendition of F-15A, A-10A, Harrier GR.1/3/AV-8A, and Hunter FGA.9).

Most, if not all, of the mods available for SFP1/WOV should be compatible, although as with WOV, some tweaks might be necessary to account for different files included. The terrain included is of Germany, and if you have WOV installed, installer will have an option to copy Vietnam terrain as well, so everything that worked on WOV should still work here. (well, that's the theory anyway Smile )

It is still a light, casual flight sim, not a not a hard-core flight sim. If you enjoy SFP1/WOV, I'm sure you'll enjoy this as well Smile It does NOT have every little features everyone's been asking for, and it still does NOT include the kitchen sink, but it does have enough new features to cover the planes list, which means HUD, CCIP, EO- and Laser-guided bombs and missiles (although all operations are streamlined and simplified to fit the casual flight sim profile).

The title is currently in testing at Destineer, we'll let you know when it goes gold.

I currently do not have information on its distribution schedule in Europe (or anywhere else outside of US). You can contact Destineer for that info, I'll let you know when we know more here.

Thanks,

TK

There you go in a nut shell. Please note the bold areas.

Oooo, most cool.

Maybe, with the HUD and CCIP, a Strike Eagle will grace these fine pages soon? :clapping:

Oooo, most cool.

Maybe, with the HUD and CCIP, a Strike Eagle will grace these fine pages soon? :clapping:

There actually is a Strike Eagle here already:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?download=1565

Check it out. :)

This is great news. I can't wait for this next iteration to release!

doh.gif

How the heck did I miss that, Caesar?

I appreciate the heads up. I gotta go test drive that bad-boy!

JetHelmetSmilie.gif

Jeez Spec, where you been? lol

Guest Saganuay82

We don't have a HUD already?

Its a work around hud.

There you go in a nut shell. Please note the bold areas.

Yep sounds good huh?? :cool:

Guest MGonzales

I'm shocked! I thought some modernization might be patched into SFP1/WOV but not a new box including new stock flyables. I'm very very happy right now (as happy as one can be being sober and back at work)! :clapping:

Oh man, this is great news!

--

Mark