Sign in to follow this  
ojcar

Can't play with new patch

I have downloaded the new patch and installed it over a clean installed SFP1 (Spanish version) and when i try to fly any kind of mission, the screen goes black and I have a message about Flightsim.exe fails because can't find a file called d3dx9_28.dll. What the f**k is it?. I have tried to find it in my computer but I couldn't.

I have a NVIDIA GeFORCE Fx 5500. Help me or I'd have to play with the porked pre-patch AI forever! :help:

I have downloaded the new patch and installed it over a clean installed SFP1 (Spanish version) and when i try to fly any kind of mission, the screen goes black and I have a message about Flightsim.exe fails because can't find a file called d3dx9_28.dll. What the f**k is it?. I have tried to find it in my computer but I couldn't.

I have a NVIDIA GeFORCE Fx 5500. Help me or I'd have to play with the porked pre-patch AI forever! :help:

Have you got the April 2006 version of DX9c? That seems to be a biggie.

Barkhorn.

Update your DirectX.

Ejem.... sorry but I tought I had 9c and I had 9b :slow::blush:

Thanks folks you are great, now bring me some MIGs

I wish we didn't have to download DX everytime there is a new patch, it's delaying the fun for 25 min more (downloading DX now :closedeyes: )

But this patch is well worth it :cool:

Am I the only person here who seems to be getting CTDs with the patch? I used a clean install and according to "DXDIAG" I have Direct X 9.0c. When I try to fly, it immediately returns me to the desktop with no errors. Please help.

I used a clean install and according to "DXDIAG" I have Direct X 9.0c.

It's not enough just to have DX9.0c you need to have the latest (April 2006) version of it.

And how do I check that through DXDIAG? I also assume it is available on Microsoft's site?

Edited by xahldera

im having problems too, i have installed directX apr 06 but i still cant run the game, CTD when loading at 50%, something about particlesystem.dll

im having problems too, i have installed directX apr 06 but i still cant run the game, CTD when loading at 50%, something about particlesystem.dll

Hi, Wood. What's the exact error message you're getting? Particlesystem.dll is located in your strike fighters folder. Does the error message say you're missing the file completely, or does it say something else? If you can give the moderators a specific error message, I think they can help you.