Hi everyone

I would like to create some anti shipping missions using weapons like the harpoon and exocet attacking beyond visual range but cannot find a way of locking onto ships. Is it possible in the game to lock onto a target this way? If not is this going to be fixed at anytime, or in later versions of the game?

Thanks For Your Help

Snapper 21

Hi everyone

I would like to create some anti shipping missions using weapons like the harpoon and exocet attacking beyond visual range but cannot find a way of locking onto ships. Is it possible in the game to lock onto a target this way? If not is this going to be fixed at anytime, or in later versions of the game?

Thanks For Your Help

Snapper 21

This has been discussed many times before, and on this board, to boot.

There are two issues here, one of target ID, and one of guidance type. Since you cannot as of yet ID ground targets via radar, active radar homing is not an option. So, you must make the aforementioned missiles use another guidance type. The most reliable one (in this series) for over the horizon targeting is anti-radar. Modify the missiles using the weapon editor so that they become ARMs (anti-radiation missiles).

Then, the only issue left is to equip the desired target with a radar unit, so the missiles have something to home in on.

This has been discussed many times before, and on this board, to boot.

There are two issues here, one of target ID, and one of guidance type. Since you cannot as of yet ID ground targets via radar, active radar homing is not an option. So, you must make the aforementioned missiles use another guidance type. The most reliable one (in this series) for over the horizon targeting is anti-radar. Modify the missiles using the weapon editor so that they become ARMs (anti-radiation missiles).

Then, the only issue left is to equip the desired target with a radar unit, so the missiles have something to home in on.

Thanks for that didnt know if I was doing something wrong, does that mean that all BVR missiles need to be fire in visual range? ie the AIM 54 on the Tomcat havent been able to lock onto a radar target beyond the 10nm boresight range.

Thanks for that didnt know if I was doing something wrong, does that mean that all BVR missiles need to be fire in visual range? ie the AIM 54 on the Tomcat havent been able to lock onto a radar target beyond the 10nm boresight range.

Nope, BVR air-to-air missiles work as normal. If you're using the Tomcat, and you ping a target at about 100 miles, you should be able to shoot your -54 at him. The ARM trick works primarily with air-to-surface missiles because unlike AAMs, you cant lock up a ground target on radar, as you can one in the air.

After a few experiments; Max visable distance in objects data.ini does the trick for BVR; both for air and ground targets. Wingman will engage bvr, and launche anti-ship missiles at ships targets. something alnog the line of maxvisbaledistance=40000 for ship works better, althoguh I am still experimenting.

there is this other thread...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=24773

On the other hand having radar wil have also 3&4 engaging maybe because they might think it is airdefenses.....

So what game are you getting anti-shipping missions to work properly in SFP1 or WOV or WOE?

Hi people, I need a model and skin for israel made missile Derby, Anybody got one?

Thanks

The game is SFP1

But I have a terrible suspicion, which if true jeopardizes all the efforts so far

For some reason AI-flights do not attack my ships, (which are set as gound targets MISC or Naval_base)

That would make useless the whole idea of large missile bomer soviet formation attacking ships

I will experiment more, but limitations and no help are frustating me