Sign in to follow this  
arthur666

Easy way to make the MiGs flyable?

Are there any files that just add a cockpit and make the Soviet aircraft that come with WoE flyable? I noticed the MiG 27 has an A-4 cockpit :P .

Are there any files that just add a cockpit and make the Soviet aircraft that come with WoE flyable? I noticed the MiG 27 has an A-4 cockpit :P .

You'll have to hunt around for flyable MiGs or cockpits that will make MiGs flyable. Check the downloads section here first, then go to the link index for a list of other download sites. Cockpits almost always come with a set of installation instructions.

Just to let you know, once you patch your game, the A-4 cockpit for the MiG-27 will disappear and the MiG-27 will no longer be flyable in single-player mode.

Just to let you know, once you patch your game, the A-4 cockpit for the MiG-27 will disappear and the MiG-27 will no longer be flyable in single-player mode.

That's ok. With Big english words below the HUD, it just feels wrong anyway. I'll sit down and do a little file hunting. Thanks.

To add the A-4 cockpit to any otherwise non-flyable, just add this line to the [AIRCRAFTDATA] section of that plane's .ini file (like Mig-17F.ini):

CockpitDataFile=A-4E_cockpit.ini

Who the heck wants to fly MiGs? They're targets!

:tomato:

To add the A-4 cockpit to any otherwise non-flyable, just add this line to the [AIRCRAFTDATA] section of that plane's .ini file (like Mig-17F.ini):

CockpitDataFile=A-4E_cockpit.ini

That's simple! So if I dwnld some MiG pits, I can just make them flyable easily?

Who the heck wants to fly MiGs? They're targets!

:tomato:

Yeah, but that MiG-21 is gorgeous.

That's simple! So if I dwnld some MiG pits, I can just make them flyable easily?

No, if you download MiG pits, you won't need to use the A-4 pit to make the MiGs flyable. The A-4 option is for when you *don't* have custom pits to download.

Addenda:

I think I should add something here, just to be on the safe side. These are the options for realizing flyable aircraft in SF-series games:

1.) The "A-4 pit" option. For stock non-flyables.

2.) The downloadable-custom-pit option. For stock non-flyables.

3.) The whole-aircraft option. This applies to aircraft that aren't part of the stock lineup but which will appear in your game and fly after they are installed. Pits are part of the download package. The MiG-21F-13 is one such example of a "whole aircraft".

Hope this helps.

Tristan

Edited by Tristan

Flying with the enemy is not always moral, but "Knoweth thy enemy", right?

I like watching them go >POP< in the air on the way down... :spiteful:

Edited by Spectre_USA