Sign in to follow this  
atoll1

Dynamic Campaign Editor >v1.05?

I've only found the v1.05 which when launched in SP4, gives the error that it cannot find the groundobject.ini list. Does anyone know if a version of the DCE >1.05 that is compatible with SP4 exists? Or even a similar editor? Thanks for any suggestions!

I've only found the v1.05 which when launched in SP4, gives the error that it cannot find the groundobject.ini list. Does anyone know if a version of the DCE >1.05 that is compatible with SP4 exists? Or even a similar editor? Thanks for any suggestions!

That editor is not compatible with SP4.

That editor is not compatible with SP4.

Thanks - so, do people have favorite editors for campaigns that can be used with SP4?

Notepad, unfortuantely.

I discovered that the DCE was incompatible very shortly after install. `Twas a bummer, be sure.

I have since did some digging and was able to accomplish simple items, like aircraft replacement. I have an F-16A_10

running in the `79 WoE, for example. Anything more complex, and I'll probably blow it up. I'm good at fuggering

up campaigns by editing.

Do a search through USAFMTL's excellent knowledge base on these fantastic CA forums. They can help a bunch, though

and update to DCE whould rock large!

Notepad, unfortuantely.

I discovered that the DCE was incompatible very shortly after install. `Twas a bummer, be sure.

I have since did some digging and was able to accomplish simple items, like aircraft replacement. I have an F-16A_10

running in the `79 WoE, for example. Anything more complex, and I'll probably blow it up. I'm good at fuggering

up campaigns by editing.

Do a search through USAFMTL's excellent knowledge base on these fantastic CA forums. They can help a bunch, though

and update to DCE whould rock large!

Yep, did that search and was able to figure out plane replacements too, and actually, that's how I learned about DCE to begin with. Thanks :ok:

There is work around, but it only works if you do not attempt to add additional ground targets

There is work around, but it only works if you do not attempt to add additional ground targets

There's a workaround!? Wow :clapping: that's great! Emm...when you get a chance, do you think you can share what this workaround is? I suspect it'll be useful to many on this board. Thank you...!

There's a workaround!? Wow :clapping: that's great! Emm...when you get a chance, do you think you can share what this workaround is? I suspect it'll be useful to many on this board. Thank you...!

Here’s the workaround that works for me. The latest patched SFP1/WoV does not use a GroundObjectData.ini and DCE looks for one in the relevant ‘Objects’ folder then crashes when it doesn’t see it.

Put a copy of an old GroundObjectData.ini in the Objects folder when you want to edit with DCE. You should find you now have access through the editor to the campaign files again. Rename or delete the odd GroundObjectData.ini when you have finished editing your flights.

Stay away from editing ground objects in the campaign through DCE when using this workaround. Do those later the old fashioned way in notepad!

Here’s the workaround that works for me. The latest patched SFP1/WoV does not use a GroundObjectData.ini and DCE looks for one in the relevant ‘Objects’ folder then crashes when it doesn’t see it.

Put a copy of an old GroundObjectData.ini in the Objects folder when you want to edit with DCE. You should find you now have access through the editor to the campaign files again. Rename or delete the odd GroundObjectData.ini when you have finished editing your flights.

Stay away from editing ground objects in the campaign through DCE when using this workaround. Do those later the old fashioned way in notepad!

Such a simple solution (that I didn't think of)! Thanks!

Guys,

We can't let this tool not to be compatible with SP4... According to what you guys said above, I think there is a way to make this tool fully working with SP4 ;)

Guys I am testing the new version. So you wont have to use the workaround.

Guest Saganuay82

Bump. Any word?

Nada, I haven't heard from him or has he responded to my emails.

Guest Saganuay82

Another one gone.

Another one gone.

How so?

Guest Saganuay82

Disappeared into the abyss. Another modder who came, gave and disappeared.

Disappeared into the abyss. Another modder who came, gave and disappeared.

Ah. Funny thing, I haven't seen him around the IL2 world either. Sounds like real world strikes again.