Sign in to follow this  
gabilon

HELP WITH NEW AIRCRAFT MOD

Hi,

I´m working on a YAK-41 model for SF, and I need some help with the following issues:

1) Is it possible to enable both afterburner and thrust vectoring in the same engine?. I´ve tried, but no way...

2) I´ve made the canopy glass with a tga and setting mesh opacity to 99. This works, but it flickers all time. Any possible solution?

3) Any picture of the 2.000 l fuel tank?

Thanks in advance.

GABILON

post-2645-1161551720_thumb.jpg

Guest capun

The flicker is usually caused by double faces that near each other.

For example if you look from the outside, go to the section that is flickering, select Ignore backface, and see if you can select a face that is behind the outer faces.

The other cause for flickering is that there are overlapping faces

Been playing with it and no AB with thrust vectoring that I could do. That model looks great!

Perhaps you could create two engines at the same physical location: 1 that has vector nozzle and no afterburner and 1 that has afterburner but zero thrust when not in afterburner. The afterburner engine should provide an amount of thrust equal to the difference between the ab power and the other engine at military power. It just might work. Of course, the A/B thrust wouldn't vector, but it would be better than no ab power.

Edited by streakeagle

How goes this very fine model Gabilon? Have you had any luck with the thrust vectoring with afterburners? There's a guy in the community called Kreelin, he's quite an fm expert, he may be able to help you.

I´m afraid I havent solved the afterburner+thust vectoring problem. I've been working on streakeagle idea (very good, BTW), but without convincing results.

I was thinking on releasing the model with a non-afterburner overpowered engine. This will be quite unrealistic but will allow VTOL. FM also needs work as I´m not an aero-coeficiens expert. Maybe a beta release will provide me with some feedback from mod gurus.

Nevertheless, I´ve seen at combatace some screenshots of a F-22, which seem to solve the afterburner incompatibility . FUBAR and USAFMTL are involved in that project, and maybe the can give me some clue.

I´m afraid I havent solved the afterburner+thust vectoring problem. I've been working on streakeagle idea (very good, BTW), but without convincing results.

I was thinking on releasing the model with a non-afterburner overpowered engine. This will be quite unrealistic but will allow VTOL. FM also needs work as I´m not an aero-coeficiens expert. Maybe a beta release will provide me with some feedback from mod gurus.

Nevertheless, I´ve seen at combatace some screenshots of a F-22, which seem to solve the afterburner incompatibility . FUBAR and USAFMTL are involved in that project, and maybe the can give me some clue.

PM Fubar he can help you....