Sign in to follow this  
Voyager

Some very strange F-105D bombload!

I have discovered that Armourdave's F-105D add-on aircraft for SFP1 can carry five Mk-118 bombs. Could this plane do it in reality? I am a quite sceptical on it...

I have discovered that Armourdave's F-105D add-on aircraft for SFP1 can carry five Mk-118 bombs. Could this plane do it in reality? I am a quite sceptical on it...

iirc the payload for an F-105 was up to 14,000lbs so probably not 5 Mk. 118s.

M118 and MK84 were only cleared for the 2 inboard stations. MK83 and below for all 5 stations.

Info is from a USAF loadout chart, 1971 for the 105.

Edited by Crusader

Mr. Crusader: If you have an original F-105's loadout chart from USAF you can give me a maximum loadout of each weapons station in pounds or kilograms. I would be very grateful!

Edited by Voyager

Mr. Crusader: If you have an original F-105's loadout chart from USAF you can give me a maximum loadout of each weapons station in pounds or kilograms. I would be very grateful!

If you want to fly proper Thud Missions with proper Loadouts, get yourself Yankee Air Pirate my man!

Hmm I just looked at my AD Thuds and I can't load 5 Mk118's. Something must be screwy with your loadout.ini file.

I prefer AD's F-105 to the default F-105. But yes get YAP for good missions.

Hmm I just looked at my AD Thuds and I can't load 5 Mk118's. Something must be screwy with your loadout.ini file.

I prefer AD's F-105 to the default F-105. But yes get YAP for good missions.

In all my "F-105D-25/D-31/F_data.ini" files I have found that entire underwing pylons have LoadLimit parameter set to 1400 and centerline weapons station has "LoadLimit=3200". So, in this configuration all "Thuds" can carry 4x1400+3200=8800 kilograms of bombs, pretty good for five Mk118s. Are in your "data.ini" files similiar loadout parameters?

In all my "F-105D-25/D-31/F_data.ini" files I have found that entire underwing pylons have LoadLimit parameter set to 1400 and centerline weapons station has "LoadLimit=3200". So, in this configuration all "Thuds" can carry 4x1400+3200=8800 kilograms of bombs, pretty good for five Mk118s. Are in your "data.ini" files similiar loadout parameters?

Yes they but it will only let me load one. Odd indeed. When I get back home on Friday we need to compare notes....