Sign in to follow this  
UF_Josse

Gotha model bug ?

So, perhaps is it an issue with clip distance or other game restriction, but 3dModel of the Gotha is different inside and outside the pit....

Pilot seems to be in center of plane in internal view...... and right external wall dont appear ?......

Probably a limitation of the game engine ? is it a possibility to be fixed , by a patche or new model ?

gothqbug.jpg

Guest capun

No there is no bug, the model uses the Fokker D7 pit to make it flyable. Virtual cockpits are about 4x the effort to make and pit makers are in very, very short supply and in high demand.

Salute Capun

The Gotha was one of the first Skunkworks Aircraft mods I downloaded after discovering TK's First Eagles game. I really like flying the heavy bomber in formation with a fight of seven other machines fighting off a swarm of Camels on the way to plaster an RAF airdrome. I recently upgraded to First Eagles EP1 and then installed the April2008 patch. Much to my surprise I just discovered that the cockpit F4 view no longer shows the forward gunner or the forward machine gun. All I see is the pair of huge ammo belt feed chambers without a single Spandau machine gun in sight. The external view is fine. All three crew members are visible and active. I figured out from looking at the GothaGIV_Cockpit.ini file that the Gotha cockpit uses the FokkerF7_cpit.LOD to make the a/c flyable and to show a generic Fokker F7 Pit. I surely would like to get my front gunner back. Any suggestions?

OlPaint

This is a modification of the SE-5A cockpit i made as a placeholder for the AEG G4

i thing you can use it as well for the gotha if it is what you looking for

!!!!!you may have to alter the cockpit position !!!!!

CombatACE Forum > Downloads > Thirdwire Series (SF/WOV/WOE/WWI) > Add-On Cockpits > World War I Cockpits > AEG G4 Cockpit

:sorry: i try to place it but it does not work im sorry :sorry:

:grandpa: but you can move the cockpit that comes with the Gotha to a more realistic position that works!

Edited by ravenclaw_007

This is a modification of the SE-5A cockpit i made as a placeholder for the AEG G4

i thing you can use it as well for the gotha if it is what you looking for

!!!!!you may have to alter the cockpit position !!!!!

CombatACE Forum > Downloads > Thirdwire Series (SF/WOV/WOE/WWI) > Add-On Cockpits > World War I Cockpits > AEG G4 Cockpit

Salute Ravenclaw

I have installed your AEG G4 cockpit mod already and it looks great. Your Gotha GIV Cockpit screeny is exactly what I am looking for. The A-Team Gotha GIV I downloaded from Capun's site got broken when I upgraded to First Eagles EP1 and the April2008 update. Are you running the same version of First Eagles as I am? I have no experience editing the Gothagiv_data.ini or the Gothagiv_cockpit.ini files to make the F4 view look like your screen shot. Could you post your Gotha cockpit mod as you did for th AEG cockpit on the Combat Ace download site for us all to use? I really appreciate your great work.

OlPaint

:grandpa: that is the best i can make with this cockpit

:grandpa: that is the best i can make with this cockpit

I also lost my front gunner for the Gotha.

I tried fixing it by putting the ini. files from the AEG download section.

It said to put them in the AEG folder and let them overwrite.I tried but with the Gotha folder, but they were just added to the main Gotha folded without overwritting any thing,and there was no change to the Gotha.

I tried deleting the Gotha ini.config and cockpit config.files ,still no luck ,and now for some reason I lost the AEG compleatly.

It shows in the Windows Explorer unde object /aircraft but not in the sim.

First where do you put the config ini.files for the Gotha and second ,what happened to my AEG?

Thanks

:grandpa:dont use the AEG Cockpit for the Gotha it will not fit :grandpa:

Thanks to ravenclaw_007 ,I now have both the AEG and Gotha back with front gunner's for both.

Thanks to ravenclaw_007 ,I now have both the AEG and Gotha back with front gunner's for both.

Excuse my stupidity, but I don't really follow how to achieve this(I have the same problem with Gotha cockpit).Could someone please explain how to do this?

:grin: i will post the cockpit.ini in the download section so you just have to overwrite the existing cockpit.ini in your Gotha folder

:grin: i will post the cockpit.ini in the download section so you just have to overwrite the existing cockpit.ini in your Gotha folder

Thanks very much.Everyone is so eager to help here, it's great.

Ravenclaw

Your Gotha screen shot looks absolutely great. I am still confused as to what I need to do to get my front gunner back in the F4 cockpit view. I wish I could figure out how to grab a screen shot from my game to show you. I will try to discribe what I see - I see both metal ammo feed chambers with the belt sticking out of both feed chamber throats but I am missing the front gunner crew member, the swivel machine gun and mount that he mans, and the front gunner tub in which he stands and the forward fusalage. The objects should appear to be forward of the cockpit RPM gauge if every thing was arranged correctly. I am seeing the full Fokker D7 cockpit with all the gauges and controls. I guess I am missing something from your instructions.

ok i dont have this problem :tongue:

just wait until the download of the cockpit.ini file is available and then place the new GothaGIV_Cockpit.ini in to your GothaGIV folder and let it overwrite the existing one

:grandpa: if after the instalation of the new cockpit.ini file the problem still exist you have to tell me if it is only with the F4 key or as well with others

:sorry: i have the file uploaded but it still needs approval so you have to wait :sorry:

ok i dont have this problem :tongue:

just wait until the download of the cockpit.ini file is available and then place the new GothaGIV_Cockpit.ini in to your GothaGIV folder and let it overwrite the existing one

:grandpa: if after the instalation of the new cockpit.ini file the problem still exist you have to tell me if it is only with the F4 key or as well with others

:sorry: i have the file uploaded but it still needs approval so you have to wait :sorry:

Salute Ravenclaw

I got your PM. The Gotha cockpit file you sent is glorious. It works as advertised. Thanks for the quick responce. Will you be publishing any more custom cockpits? I believe you have the technique down pat.

OlPaint